March 28, 2008 – Most small businesses are under a false impression that they don’t have the budget for public relations and marketing when initially starting out. But there ways to maximize marketing and pr in certain areas and not have to spend a lot of money.
1) Utilize your community connections to gain visibility.
2) Be an active member of your local chamber and use their resources.
3) Publicize your products and services in local weekly publications by sending press releases to them.
4) Activate and build strategic partnerships that help market your business including volunteering.
5) Build relationships with local media in areas that fit your target market.
All of these steps will help you widen your network, build relationships within your network, and widen your reach in different areas of the community where you will garner clients and new business.
As you become more successful, don’t forget the people who helped you along the way,
It’s always a benefit to new businesses to learn from seasoned veterans and people who have built their businesses from the ground up.