Atlanta, Georgia, (WiredPRNews.com) — Women-led businesses generate more bottom line revenue toward our economy than women owned businesses according to a report by the National Women’s Business Council from late 2007. The total revenue generated was $300 billion from women led businesses.
Here are Top 5 findings:
- Women led businesses produced about twice as much in receipts per firm as did women owned businesses.
- Women owned firms had higher compensation per employee than Women-Led firms.
- Overall, women’s firms in states with large urban populations had higher compensation per employee than states that were more rural.
- The receipts of WOWL non-employer firms were highest in real estate and rental and leasing, professional, scientific and technical services, health care and social services, and other services. In contrast, receipts per firm for WOWL non-employer firms were highest in construction, wholesale trade, and transportation and warehousing.
- Almost half (47.9%) of all customers of WOWL firms were designated as household consumers and individuals. Other important customer types were other businesses and organizations (21.9% of all customers) and all others (15.5% of all customers).
Contributing Reporter: Susan Nefzger – Atlanta Web PR Consultant