West Palm Beach, Florida (WiredPRNews.com) — One of the most important aspects of web page design is to make your page easy to navigate by the search engines. Search engines heavily favor text over graphics, and HTML over other editing formats.
- Use text heavily, especially in your navigation bar.
- Avoid placing text in graphic format since the search engines won’t be able to read it.
- Search engines have trouble following frames, so it’s best not to use them, and they may index only the framed content page and not the navigation frame.
- Create a Site Map that includes all the pages in your site, and place a Site Map link close to the top of the homepage. When the search engine follows the site map link, it will find and index all the pages in your site.
- If you use a left navigation bar, the search engine will read it before the body of your page. Make sure you include your most important keywords there, too.
- Make sure that all your internal pages link to your homepage.
- Don’t try to describe all your products or services in one page. It will confuse the search engine and dilute your page’s relevance to your selected keywords. Instead, create different very focused pages, each with its own content and keywords, and optimize them too.
To make sure that your page is optimized for your chosen keywords follow the steps above. The next and final step to increase your site’s ranking is to get as many links to your site as possible, from quality sites that have a topic related to yours.Contributing Reporter: Susan Nefzger – Atlanta Web PR Consultant