Ultrasonix Medical Corporation Announces SonixTOUCH EMed
Richmond, BC, Canada – November 18th, 2008 – Ultrasonix Medical Corporation, a leading developer and manufacturer of high quality diagnostic ultrasound imaging systems announced today the introduction of SonixTOUCH EMed, the Emergency Medicine-specific version of the SonixTOUCH ultrasound system.
Ultrasonix recently introduced SonixTOUCH, the first truly adaptable Ultrasound Imaging System. SonixTOUCH EMed features an intuitive user interface and seamless connectivity with several key features specific to this market.
– Premium level image quality
– Easy to use, intuitive touch-screen driven user interface developed specifically for the Emergency Department
– Relevant tutorials accessible from the touchscreen at any time even while scanning
– Operate on battery up to 1 ½ hours
– Wireless connectivity
– Customizable credentialing worksheets that can be filled in with the touch of a finger during or after the exam
– Barcode reader for quick patient and operator identification
– Family of transducers optimized for all applications in Emergency Ultrasound
SonixTOUCH is a, compact, portable diagnostic ultrasound system developed around the OpenSONIX platform and is capable of generating premium-level image quality. This system is completely touchscreen-driven allowing for a reconfigurable user interface. The system can be configured for virtually any ultrasound application and use model making it the world’s first true market-adaptable ultrasound system.
About Ultrasonix: Ultrasonix (www.ultrasonix.com) is a leading developer and manufacturer of high quality diagnostic ultrasound imaging systems. The company’s OpenSONIX ultrasound technology provides superior image quality, ease of use and clinical flexibility to adapt to the needs of a variety of specialties. Ultrasonix is a privately held, profitable company headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia with affiliate dealers in 65 countries.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
[e] [email protected]