EIN News — Richmond, BC, Canada – November 30th, 2008 – Ultrasonix Medical Corporation, a leading developer and manufacturer of high quality diagnostic ultrasound imaging systems announced today that it will showcase two new SonixTOUCH products at the Radiology Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting in Chicago November 30 – December 4, 2008.
Ultrasonix recently introduced the SonixTOUCH, the world’s first truly adaptable Ultrasound Imaging System.
The SonixTOUCH Breast Imaging system features advanced imaging modes, an intuitive user interface and seamless connectivity with the key following advantages:
– 3rd generation OpenSONIX platform with Premium Image Quality for Breast Imaging, featuring true Spatial Compound Imaging, Pulse Inversion Harmonics and Elastography imaging modes.
– Easy to use, intuitive Touchscreen interface that only shows the controls needed for a particular application or biopsy procedure.
– Integrated tutorials displayed on the touchscreen for Elastography and other applications.
– Narrow and wide Linear transducers, plus a Hockey stick broadband transducer for outstanding small parts imaging.
In addition, Ultrasonix will showcase its SonixTOUCH Mobile Radiology system at RSNA. The SonixTOUCH Mobile Radiology system includes the following innovations:
– 3rd generation OpenSONIX platform with Premium Image Quality for Mobile Radiology Imaging applications, featuring true Spatial Compound Imaging, Pulse Inversion Harmonics, all in a compact, mobile system.
– True mobility with a small, light-weight system and battery that powers the entire system and peripherals for up to 1.5 hours.
– Wireless and Ethernet DICOM connectivity. The system can perform a study in a remote location and when connected to the network (either wirelessly or Ethernet cable), automatically pushes the images to the DICOM PACS.
– Wide selection of transducers and clinical applications available through the OpenSONIX platform.
SonixTOUCH is a, compact, portable diagnostic ultrasound system developed around the OpenSONIX platform. It is capable of generating premium-level image quality. This system is touchscreen-driven, allowing for a reconfigurable user interface. SonixTOUCH can be configured for virtually any ultrasound application and workflow, making it the world’s first market-adaptable ultrasound system.
About Ultrasonix: Ultrasonix (www.ultrasonix.com) is a leading developer and manufacturer of high quality diagnostic ultrasound imaging systems. The company’s OpenSONIX ultrasound technology provides superior image quality, ease of use and clinical flexibility to adapt to the needs of a variety of specialties. Ultrasonix is a privately held company headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia with affiliate dealers in 65 countries.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
[e] [email protected]