Illinois Governor, Blagojevich, Makes Surprising Move
Disgraced Governor Rod Blagojevich goes forward with making appointment to fill Barack Obama’s Senate seat.
Wired PR News.com – Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich made a surprising move on Tuesday and appointed someone to fill the Senate seat of President Elect Barack Obama. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Blagojevich chose Roland Burns, a former state Attorney General in what some describe as a move that put his opponents, who vowed to take measures to prevent Blagojevich’s choice from being sworn in, in a tough position.
If the appointment stands, Burns will become the Senate’s sole black member. The element of race has been said to complicate the matter further, with leaders speaking out on both sides of the issue. Rep. Bobby Rush of Illinois was quoted in the AP report as stating, “There is no rhyme or reason why he should not be seated in the U.S. Senate… I don’t think any U.S. senator … wants to go on record to deny one African-American from being seated in the U.S. Senate.”
Holding an opposing view, Obama is quoted as stating, “Roland Burris is a good man and a fine public servant, but the Senate Democrats made it clear weeks ago that they cannot accept an appointment made by a governor who is accused of selling this very Senate seat. I agree with their decision.”
Several have called for the impeachment or resignation of Blagojevich, who has been accused of trying to sell the Illinois Senate seat to the highest bidder.
Erik AbderhaldenTags: appointment, Governor Rod Blagojevich, Illinois, impeachment, Obama, resignation, Roland Burris, US Senate
Online News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Rudolph Academy K-8 Audio Spelling System Online
- Zara Tours & the Mount Kilimanjaro Porters Society Announce Porter of the Year
- Air Algerie Flight Crashes In Mali
- ninthd signed a contract with UBL Omni for fee collection across Pakistan
- King Felipe VI And Queen Letizia Visit Social Development Projects In Morocco
- Official Welcoming Ceremony For HM King Felipe VI in Morocco
- King Felipe VI visits Morocco
- Royal Thai Army Chief Ordered To Quicken The Thai Border Areas’ Solutions
- Summary Army Plans from the Royal Thai Army‘s Directly Institutions Meeting
- How Happy and Successful Are You?