Illinois Governor, Blagojevich, Makes Surprising Move
Disgraced Governor Rod Blagojevich goes forward with making appointment to fill Barack Obama’s Senate seat.
Wired PR News.com – Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich made a surprising move on Tuesday and appointed someone to fill the Senate seat of President Elect Barack Obama. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Blagojevich chose Roland Burns, a former state Attorney General in what some describe as a move that put his opponents, who vowed to take measures to prevent Blagojevich’s choice from being sworn in, in a tough position.
If the appointment stands, Burns will become the Senate’s sole black member. The element of race has been said to complicate the matter further, with leaders speaking out on both sides of the issue. Rep. Bobby Rush of Illinois was quoted in the AP report as stating, “There is no rhyme or reason why he should not be seated in the U.S. Senate… I don’t think any U.S. senator … wants to go on record to deny one African-American from being seated in the U.S. Senate.”
Holding an opposing view, Obama is quoted as stating, “Roland Burris is a good man and a fine public servant, but the Senate Democrats made it clear weeks ago that they cannot accept an appointment made by a governor who is accused of selling this very Senate seat. I agree with their decision.”
Several have called for the impeachment or resignation of Blagojevich, who has been accused of trying to sell the Illinois Senate seat to the highest bidder.
Erik AbderhaldenTags: appointment, Governor Rod Blagojevich, Illinois, impeachment, Obama, resignation, Roland Burris, US Senate
Online News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- What is Long-Term Disability Insurance, and Am I Eligible for It?
- Lowering Blood-Alcohol Concentration Limits? Insight from Dallas Accident Lawyer
- Big Turnout Expected for Grant High School 50th Reunion - Class of 1963
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer: Click It or Ticket Campaign Begins
- Dallas Motorcycle Wreck Lawyer Presents Facts About Motorcycle Crashes
- Express Yourself eLearning Welcomes New Client, Savor Chef
- Royal Thai Army’s Commander visits the disputed area in the south
- Express Yourself eLearning Welcomes New Client, Andrea Jones
- Does Time Run Out for Me to File My Car Accident Injury Claim?
- Can I Receive Disability Benefits If I Can Work Part Time?