Child Health Insurance Bill Signed
President Obama signed a new health insurance bill for kids on Wednesday.
Wired PR News.com – The President signed a health insurance bill for children on Wednesday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the bill signed by President Barack Obama will help provide health coverage to 4 million children who are uninsured.
As noted in the report, the bill will provide for $32.8 billion additional funds to be spent on the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), which currently provides coverage for an estimated 7 million kids across the country.
President Obama is quoted as stating of the measure, “We fulfill one of the highest responsibilities that we have, to ensure the health and well-being of our nation’s children…Providing coverage to 11 million children is a down payment on my commitment to cover every single American.”
Republicans were purportedly critical of the cost of the bill. Similar bills were vetoed previously by President George Bush during his term in 2007.Tags: Barack Obama, Child, child health, Health, insurance, insurance coverage, President George Bush, republican
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Capitol Care Holds Staff Appreciation Event, Celebrates 15 Years of Service
- Dr. Lane Smith’s Tummy Tucks Offer Permanent Solutions to Enhance Your Figure
- Kick start the New Year with a peaceful mind and achievable resolutions!
- Mind Body Makeover Sponsors Essay Contest for Lap Band Patients
- New Innovative Breast Augmentation Product Offered by Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
- Wellki Adds Fitness Specialist to Expert Staff
- MBMFit Online Offers New Medical Weight Loss Plan
- Interim HealthCare of the Central Valley a Top Agency of the 2013 HomeCare Elite
- Sustainable air filters Improve Air Quality
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon Launches Newsroom for Patient Advocacy