Stocks Fall After Tuesday Treasury Announcement
Investors react with frustration over the lack of details in Treasury Secretary Geithner’s announcement of the government’s bank recovery plan.
WiredPRNews.com – Investors showed their frustration with continued uncertainty on how the government will restore the financial health of the banking system on Tuesday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), many investors decided to unload their stocks after Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner made his highly anticipated speech on Tuesday.
Geithner’s announcement, which was expected to outline a plan for restoring the health of credit markets, proved disappointing for many who wanted much more detail. James Cox of Harris Financial Group is quoted by the AP as stating, “The good news is they are going to spend a trillion dollars, the bad news is they don’t know how.”
As noted in the report, stocks fell approximately five percent Tuesday, with a 400 point decrease for the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Jeff Buetow with Portfolio Management Consultants is quoted as stating of Geithner’s speech it “basically puts a spotlight on the fact that the government has no idea how to fix the problem… People bought on rumor and hope, and now they’re selling on reality.”
Photo Credit: Fletcher6Tags: banks, credit markets, Dow, Financial, Health, Secretary Geithner, speech, Timothy Geithner, Treasury
Online Business News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- HR ProFile: Making An Impact With Employment Screening!
- Radical PI Sport Co Receives Federal Trademark
- Lawns Ltd. Announces New Tree Injection Service
- New Jersey igaming Revenue Report: January 2015
- Recipes For A Healthy Life Style.
- Invisco Whole House Fan Company Signs Dealer/Installer in Brisbane Australia
- Finding an Easy Way to Deal with Recruitment Challenges
- The Best Work From Home Money Making Part Time Online Job Pay $23.75 Per Hour
- Colorado Nonprofits Kickoff 13th Annual Checkoff Colorado Campaign
- Remarketing for Lawyers By Qamar Zaman Attorney Internet Marketing Expert