Effects of Anger on Heart May Predict Risks
Anger’s effect on the heart may be a predictor for irregular heartbeat risks.
WiredPRNews.com – The heart’s way of handling anger is said to be a predicting factor for risks of an irregular heartbeat. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), research released on Monday suggests that hostility or anger can cause arrhythmias in certain heart patients. Dr. Rachael Lampert, a cardiologist from Yale University and leader of the study is quoted as stating of the findings, “anger causes electrical changes in the heart… that means they’re more likely to have arrhythmias when they go out in real life.”
Patients with defibrillators implanted due to preexisting conditions were given EKGs to track how their hearts responded to anger. The results indicted that those with significant spikes from anger had a 10 times greater likelihood of having lifesaving shocks released by defibrillators within the next three years than those who showed no reaction to anger.
Dr. Nieca Goldberg, an American Heart Association spokesperson who is not connected to the research, is quoted in the report as stating of the heart mind connection that allows chronic negative emotions to have a damaging effect, “…we haven’t been able to explain why that happens… This is a step in the right direction.”
More information about Lambert’s study can be found in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
Photo Credit: David ShankboneTags: American Heart Association, Anger, cardiologist, Dr. Rachael Lampert, EKGs, Heart, heart study, hostility
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, M.D., Ph.D., Elected President of Rothman Institute
- Managing Pain Can Help Patients Regain their Lives at Colorado Pain
- Losing Weight Starts With Knowing the Glycemic Index & Glycemic Load Of Foods
- Energetic Healer Claims Multiple Sclerosis symptoms are a Call for our Attention
- Las Vegas Surgeon Wins Top Award at THE Aesthetic Show
- Southern Surgical Arts Has Advanced Technology To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Folicure - The Texas Leader in Hair Restoration
- Candlelight Vigil to be Held Sunday in Lakewood for the late David Nageotte
- Nutrient Rich Fruit a Miracle Cure for Many
- Medic-Trans is Now Offering Long Distance Medical Transport