Effects of Anger on Heart May Predict Risks
Anger’s effect on the heart may be a predictor for irregular heartbeat risks.
WiredPRNews.com – The heart’s way of handling anger is said to be a predicting factor for risks of an irregular heartbeat. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), research released on Monday suggests that hostility or anger can cause arrhythmias in certain heart patients. Dr. Rachael Lampert, a cardiologist from Yale University and leader of the study is quoted as stating of the findings, “anger causes electrical changes in the heart… that means they’re more likely to have arrhythmias when they go out in real life.”
Patients with defibrillators implanted due to preexisting conditions were given EKGs to track how their hearts responded to anger. The results indicted that those with significant spikes from anger had a 10 times greater likelihood of having lifesaving shocks released by defibrillators within the next three years than those who showed no reaction to anger.
Dr. Nieca Goldberg, an American Heart Association spokesperson who is not connected to the research, is quoted in the report as stating of the heart mind connection that allows chronic negative emotions to have a damaging effect, “…we haven’t been able to explain why that happens… This is a step in the right direction.”
More information about Lambert’s study can be found in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
Photo Credit: David ShankboneTags: American Heart Association, Anger, cardiologist, Dr. Rachael Lampert, EKGs, Heart, heart study, hostility
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Zyno Medical Announces CE Mark Approval for the Z-800 Infusion Pump System
- Technology Provides Fast-Track to Core AODA Compliance in time for Deadline
- Dr. Man, M.D. Offers Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Services in Boca Raton
- Southern Surgical Arts Hosts Seminar on Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures
- Center for Excellence in Leadership
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgery Practice Offers Services for Better Winter Skin Care
- Neurobiologix Launches Methylation Sublingual for Immune &Nervous System Support
- Camfil USA Acquires Edco Establishing New Sales Branch for Air Filters in NY
- Southern Surgical Arts Offers Groundbreaking Solution for Tattoo Removal
- Zyno Medical, LLC Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Ambulatory Infusion Pump