The Differences in Sugars
A new study says some sugars are less healthy than others.
Wired PR News – Not all sugars are the same outlined by a new study. As reported by TIME, the study proposes that the body differentiates between the different types of sugars glucose, fructose, and sucrose, with one being less healthy than the other two.
As noted in the report, the over consumption of fructose places individuals at a higher risk of heart disease and diabetes than consuming glucose at the same level. University of California Davis researchers tested the effects of drinking fructose and glucose sweetened drinks on 32 overweight or obese individuals over the course of twelve weeks. The results showed that although both groups gained similar amounts of weight, those who drank the fructose containing drinks demonstrated significant signs of unhealthy changes within their bodies. Peter Havel, UC Davis professor and the study’s lead author, is quoted as stating, “This suggests that in the same way that not all fats are the same, not all dietary carbohydrates are the same either.”
The report was published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia Uwe HermannTags: California, diabetes, fructose, glucose, heart disease risks, sucrose, Sugars, TIME, UC Davis
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Infitrak Introduces the TempTrust Extreme 168-Hour Qualified Packaging System
- Eating Disorder Center of Denver Participates in Eating Disorder Awareness Week
- Reverse-Diabetes.Com is The Highest Paying Affiliate Program For 2015
- Best 2015 Affiliate Program – Reverse Diabetes Is The Highest Paying Program
- What Results Should Women Really Expect From Insanity Workout Within 60 Days
- Southern Surgical Arts Teams With Go Red for Women To Fight #1 Killer of Women
- New Eating Disorder Center of Kansas City Opens to Provide Care
- Zyno Medical Announces CE Mark Approval for the Z-800 Infusion Pump System
- Technology Provides Fast-Track to Core AODA Compliance in time for Deadline
- Dr. Man, M.D. Offers Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Services in Boca Raton