The Differences in Sugars
A new study says some sugars are less healthy than others.
Wired PR News – Not all sugars are the same outlined by a new study. As reported by TIME, the study proposes that the body differentiates between the different types of sugars glucose, fructose, and sucrose, with one being less healthy than the other two.
As noted in the report, the over consumption of fructose places individuals at a higher risk of heart disease and diabetes than consuming glucose at the same level. University of California Davis researchers tested the effects of drinking fructose and glucose sweetened drinks on 32 overweight or obese individuals over the course of twelve weeks. The results showed that although both groups gained similar amounts of weight, those who drank the fructose containing drinks demonstrated significant signs of unhealthy changes within their bodies. Peter Havel, UC Davis professor and the study’s lead author, is quoted as stating, “This suggests that in the same way that not all fats are the same, not all dietary carbohydrates are the same either.”
The report was published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia Uwe HermannTags: California, diabetes, fructose, glucose, heart disease risks, sucrose, Sugars, TIME, UC Davis
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Dr. Lane Smith’s Tummy Tucks Offer Permanent Solutions to Enhance Your Figure
- Kick start the New Year with a peaceful mind and achievable resolutions!
- Mind Body Makeover Sponsors Essay Contest for Lap Band Patients
- New Innovative Breast Augmentation Product Offered by Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
- Wellki Adds Fitness Specialist to Expert Staff
- MBMFit Online Offers New Medical Weight Loss Plan
- Interim HealthCare of the Central Valley a Top Agency of the 2013 HomeCare Elite
- Sustainable air filters Improve Air Quality
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon Launches Newsroom for Patient Advocacy
- Credit Union, Bank Executives to Engage in Friendly/Informative Debate