New Approach for Fighting Cancer
Doctors have found a new way to help patients battle cancer using the body’s immune system.
Wired PR News – Researchers have made huge strides in the fight against cancer. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), immune therapies have been found to be beneficial for treating cancer, after 30 years of research.
As noted by the AP, information about the treatment was presented Sunday at a conference on cancer. Experimental vaccines for the treatment of prostate cancer, melanoma, neuroblastoma, and a form of lymphoma were reported to have positive results when tested. The method is referred to as a vaccine; however, it is used for treatment of the disease as opposed to prevention.
Dr. Len Lichtenfeld with the American Cancer Society is quoted in the report as stating, “I don’t know what we did differently to make the breakthrough… We’ve raised so many false hopes in the past. What’s different this time is we have the science reports to back up improvements.”Tags: breakthrough, cancer, cancer vaccine, immune therapies, lymphoma, Melanoma, neuroblastoma, research, science
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Hospitals Risk Losing Medicare Payments if Infections Aren’t Reduced
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, M.D., Ph.D., Elected President of Rothman Institute
- Managing Pain Can Help Patients Regain their Lives at Colorado Pain
- Losing Weight Starts With Knowing the Glycemic Index & Glycemic Load Of Foods
- Energetic Healer Claims Multiple Sclerosis symptoms are a Call for our Attention
- Las Vegas Surgeon Wins Top Award at THE Aesthetic Show
- Southern Surgical Arts Has Advanced Technology To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Folicure - The Texas Leader in Hair Restoration
- Candlelight Vigil to be Held Sunday in Lakewood for the late David Nageotte
- Nutrient Rich Fruit a Miracle Cure for Many