Chrysler Fiat Sale Delayed by High Court
The Supreme Court makes decision to put Chrysler’s sale to Fiat on hold.
Wired PR News – The Supreme Court blocked the sale of Chrysler’s assets to Italian automaker Fiat on Monday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg issued an order blocking the sale pending further review.
As noted by the AP, Chrysler LLC has stated that if the sale is not closed by June 15, Fiat Group SpA will not be obligated to proceed with the deal, which Chrysler says is a crucial step in order for them to bounce back from bankruptcy. Many are reportedly in disagreement with terms of the sale that would release the new Chrysler company from liability on claims against the company prior to restructuring.
As further noted in the report, the delay by the Supreme Court may be temporary. An appeals court gave approval for the sale last week.
Photo Credit: Johannes FasoltTags: bankruptcy, Chrysler, Fiat, June, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, liability, restructuring, Supreme Court
Online Business News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Jayne Rios Launches New Book, “The Interactive Author” in January
- Drop Off Toys for Tots at North Dallas Moving & Storage
- Women-Owned Companies Perform Better Economically and Are More Innovative
- New book addresses most common pitfalls of internal social networks
- Is Life Possible Without TV Voice Over
- Jayne Rios, Expert Presenter at The Power of Women Profitability Telesummit
- Judy Hoberman Announces The Power of Women Profitability Telesummit
- My Gusty Story Anthology Receives Silver Benjamin Franklin Award
- Lakewood Dallas Optometrist Announces Grand Opening For November 21
- Puteri Cove Residences Phase One Has Launched