Chrysler Fiat Sale Delayed by High Court
The Supreme Court makes decision to put Chrysler’s sale to Fiat on hold.
Wired PR News – The Supreme Court blocked the sale of Chrysler’s assets to Italian automaker Fiat on Monday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg issued an order blocking the sale pending further review.
As noted by the AP, Chrysler LLC has stated that if the sale is not closed by June 15, Fiat Group SpA will not be obligated to proceed with the deal, which Chrysler says is a crucial step in order for them to bounce back from bankruptcy. Many are reportedly in disagreement with terms of the sale that would release the new Chrysler company from liability on claims against the company prior to restructuring.
As further noted in the report, the delay by the Supreme Court may be temporary. An appeals court gave approval for the sale last week.
Photo Credit: Johannes FasoltTags: bankruptcy, Chrysler, Fiat, June, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, liability, restructuring, Supreme Court
Online Business News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- STORMR® announced as newest sponsor of Fishing University
- HR ProFile: Making An Impact With Employment Screening!
- Radical PI Sport Co Receives Federal Trademark
- Lawns Ltd. Announces New Tree Injection Service
- New Jersey igaming Revenue Report: January 2015
- Recipes For A Healthy Life Style.
- Invisco Whole House Fan Company Signs Dealer/Installer in Brisbane Australia
- Finding an Easy Way to Deal with Recruitment Challenges
- The Best Work From Home Money Making Part Time Online Job Pay $23.75 Per Hour
- Colorado Nonprofits Kickoff 13th Annual Checkoff Colorado Campaign