Chrysler Fiat Sale Delayed by High Court
The Supreme Court makes decision to put Chrysler’s sale to Fiat on hold.
Wired PR News – The Supreme Court blocked the sale of Chrysler’s assets to Italian automaker Fiat on Monday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg issued an order blocking the sale pending further review.
As noted by the AP, Chrysler LLC has stated that if the sale is not closed by June 15, Fiat Group SpA will not be obligated to proceed with the deal, which Chrysler says is a crucial step in order for them to bounce back from bankruptcy. Many are reportedly in disagreement with terms of the sale that would release the new Chrysler company from liability on claims against the company prior to restructuring.
As further noted in the report, the delay by the Supreme Court may be temporary. An appeals court gave approval for the sale last week.
Photo Credit: Johannes FasoltTags: bankruptcy, Chrysler, Fiat, June, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, liability, restructuring, Supreme Court
Online Business News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Bay City Rollers Auction Ends in a Tie Due to Technical Glitch
- HR ProFile To Host FREE Webinar on Employment Background Checks & Verification
- PRonlinepages.com Is Offering Business Owners a Special Advantage This Month
- I Need The Plumber, a Plumbing & AC company, is proud to offer GREEN Technology
- PRonlinepages Welcomes New Clients This Holiday Season!
- Amadeus Consulting Ranks on ColoradoBiz’s Top 250 Private Companies List
- Knoxville SEO Services Offers Free SEO To Knoxville Business Owners
- Peter Schmidt United Yacht Broker Reports CAL of Fifty Foot Marquis
- Staying Safe on Houston Roads: Tips from a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer
- Center for Excellence in Leadership