Chrysler Fiat Sale Delayed by High Court
The Supreme Court makes decision to put Chrysler’s sale to Fiat on hold.
Wired PR News – The Supreme Court blocked the sale of Chrysler’s assets to Italian automaker Fiat on Monday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg issued an order blocking the sale pending further review.
As noted by the AP, Chrysler LLC has stated that if the sale is not closed by June 15, Fiat Group SpA will not be obligated to proceed with the deal, which Chrysler says is a crucial step in order for them to bounce back from bankruptcy. Many are reportedly in disagreement with terms of the sale that would release the new Chrysler company from liability on claims against the company prior to restructuring.
As further noted in the report, the delay by the Supreme Court may be temporary. An appeals court gave approval for the sale last week.
Photo Credit: Johannes FasoltTags: bankruptcy, Chrysler, Fiat, June, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, liability, restructuring, Supreme Court
Online Business News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Cliff’s Pools & Patios Receives 2014 Best of Sunrise Award
- SphereWMS to Attend BGSA Supply Chain 2015 Conference
- HRP & Taft Law Firm Join Efforts to Discuss Employment Screening Laws
- Risk Based Security appoints Michael Mortensen as European Director
- get4it Releases Free Competitive Analysis Tool for Online Retailers
- Innovative Self Tanner Developer Launches Crowdfunding Campaign
- iW Magazine Releases 10th Edition of Leading Watch Retailers
- Household Budget Survey 2015 Starts
- Presentation of The International Spanish-Russian Forum in Malaga
- Outer Banks Wedding and Bridal Expo January 2015