The death of Danny Gans was reportedly caused by a pain killer according to reports.
Wired PR News – The death of entertainer Danny Gans has been determined accidental according to an autopsy and toxicology report. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy stated that the tests led to the conclusion that the Las Vegas performer’s death was caused by hydromorphone, which intensified risks associated with pre-exiting health conditions.
Murphy is quoted by the AP as stating, “Mr. Gans’ health conditions placed him at greater risk for heart irregularities, and the hydromorphone was a factor in exacerbating those risks…We clearly listed this as accidental.”
As noted in the report, Gans died in his home May 1. He had reportedly been taking the medication, which is also commonly sold under the name Dilaudid, for chronic pain associated with back injuries.