Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Insomniacs Failing Drugs Suffer from Sleep Apnea
- Camfil Air Filter Company Reports - Air Filtration Reduces Risk of Swine Viruses
- Commercial Air Filter Company Camfil.us Demonstrates How Air Filters Stack Up
- Indoor Air Quality: A Growing Risk for School — But One That Can be Tackled
- Viva Healthy Life – The Center for Holistic Medicine in Northeast Philadelphia
- MSrelief.com Announces Special Needs Travel Advocate as Associate Partner
- Hospitals Risk Losing Medicare Payments if Infections Aren’t Reduced
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, M.D., Ph.D., Elected President of Rothman Institute
- Managing Pain Can Help Patients Regain their Lives at Colorado Pain
- Losing Weight Starts With Knowing the Glycemic Index & Glycemic Load Of Foods