Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Southern Surgical Arts Offers Groundbreaking Solution for Tattoo Removal
- Zyno Medical, LLC Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Ambulatory Infusion Pump
- Surgical Mask Uses Crowd Funding to Deliver Ebola Protection to Those in Need
- Stem cell and orthopaedic foundations partner on stem cell research
- Global FPIES Day Educates on Rare, Life Threatening Illness in Infants/Children
- New Study Finds Carpet Tile May Limit Stress in Healthcare Facilities
- Chic la Vie at Smith Plastic Surgery to Host Holiday Season Kickoff Event
- Instant and Long-Lasting Relief for Joint Pain Now Available
- Hidden Peruvian Young-Skin Secret Erases Years In Dr. Sears MD New Night Cream
- Ultherapy® Skin Lift Treatment Now Available from Southern Surgical Arts