Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- New Innovative Breast Augmentation Product Offered by Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
- Wellki Adds Fitness Specialist to Expert Staff
- MBMFit Online Offers New Medical Weight Loss Plan
- Interim HealthCare of the Central Valley a Top Agency of the 2013 HomeCare Elite
- Sustainable air filters Improve Air Quality
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon Launches Newsroom for Patient Advocacy
- Credit Union, Bank Executives to Engage in Friendly/Informative Debate
- More Than 80% of Radiologists Use Mobile Devices for Medical Imaging
- Advomas Awarded CAC Designated Organization Certification by CMS
- Jets Fans vs. Giants Fans Flag Football Game for Men’s Health Awareness