Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Zyno Medical Announces CE Mark Approval for the Z-800 Infusion Pump System
- Technology Provides Fast-Track to Core AODA Compliance in time for Deadline
- Dr. Man, M.D. Offers Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Services in Boca Raton
- Southern Surgical Arts Hosts Seminar on Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures
- Center for Excellence in Leadership
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgery Practice Offers Services for Better Winter Skin Care
- Neurobiologix Launches Methylation Sublingual for Immune &Nervous System Support
- Camfil USA Acquires Edco Establishing New Sales Branch for Air Filters in NY
- Southern Surgical Arts Offers Groundbreaking Solution for Tattoo Removal
- Zyno Medical, LLC Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Ambulatory Infusion Pump