Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Las Vegas Surgeon Wins Top Award at THE Aesthetic Show
- Southern Surgical Arts Has Advanced Technology To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Folicure - The Texas Leader in Hair Restoration
- Candlelight Vigil to be Held Sunday in Lakewood for the late David Nageotte
- Nutrient Rich Fruit a Miracle Cure for Many
- Medic-Trans is Now Offering Long Distance Medical Transport
- American College of Cardiology Partners with Bronx Community on Health Equities
- Monomer-Polymer and Dajac Labs Receives 3M Supplier
- Southern Surgical Arts Announces Grand Opening of Chattanooga Southside Facility
- Tropical Fruit Tree Found to Have Amazing Health and Healing Properties