Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Hospitals Risk Losing Medicare Payments if Infections Aren’t Reduced
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, M.D., Ph.D., Elected President of Rothman Institute
- Managing Pain Can Help Patients Regain their Lives at Colorado Pain
- Losing Weight Starts With Knowing the Glycemic Index & Glycemic Load Of Foods
- Energetic Healer Claims Multiple Sclerosis symptoms are a Call for our Attention
- Las Vegas Surgeon Wins Top Award at THE Aesthetic Show
- Southern Surgical Arts Has Advanced Technology To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Folicure - The Texas Leader in Hair Restoration
- Candlelight Vigil to be Held Sunday in Lakewood for the late David Nageotte
- Nutrient Rich Fruit a Miracle Cure for Many