Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Southern Surgical Arts Recognized as ‘Best of the Best’ Five Years in a Row
- What’s Hot in Cosmetic Surgery? Southern Surgical Arts’ Top 2013 Blogs
- Cosmetic Surgery for Men Keeps Rising: Up 106% from 1997 to 2012.
- Family First Home Companions Opens New Office in Melville, L.I.
- Your Personal Healing Experience Is Here With Laura Mayer
- Bryan’s United Air Conditioning Is Concerned About Air Quality
- First Regional Benefits Has The Medical And Dental Plans You Are Looking For!
- Educating and Treating Athletes with Eating Disorders
- Plano And North Dallas Chiropractor Hires New Licensed Massage Therapist
- Smith Plastic Surgery Institute 2013 Cosmetic Year In Review