Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Infitrak Introduces the TempTrust Extreme 168-Hour Qualified Packaging System
- Eating Disorder Center of Denver Participates in Eating Disorder Awareness Week
- Reverse-Diabetes.Com is The Highest Paying Affiliate Program For 2015
- Best 2015 Affiliate Program – Reverse Diabetes Is The Highest Paying Program
- What Results Should Women Really Expect From Insanity Workout Within 60 Days
- Southern Surgical Arts Teams With Go Red for Women To Fight #1 Killer of Women
- New Eating Disorder Center of Kansas City Opens to Provide Care
- Zyno Medical Announces CE Mark Approval for the Z-800 Infusion Pump System
- Technology Provides Fast-Track to Core AODA Compliance in time for Deadline
- Dr. Man, M.D. Offers Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Services in Boca Raton