Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- MSreliefMarketplace.com Celebrates Grand Opening
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon Unveils Potential Results Pre-Nose Reshaping
- Linda Grace Cox Helps People Suffering From Multiple Sclerosis Choose Joy
- Phytoceramides are approved by the FDA thanks to a new Clinical Study
- Social Media Drives Desire for Cosmetic Surgery in Young Adults
- Mother of Eight Helps Others Choose JOY in the Face of Multiple Sclerosis
- Injured Hospital Patients Don’t Have to Fight for Compensation Alone
- Why You May Need Dental Implants in Denver
- Scientists Find Progress With Anti Aging Research
- CoolSculpting Procedure Offered by Dr. Lane Smith called “Best Body Treatment”