Asbestos Claimants Want Cases Sent to Appeals Court
Asbestos claimants want their cases to be heard by a U.S. Court of Appeals.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (New York) – Individuals with asbestos claims against General Motors Corp. are reportedly seeking to have their cases heard directly by the U.S. Court of Appeals. As reported by Bloomberg, the tort claimants are proposing that a recent decision by a bankruptcy judge may prevent GM from taking responsibility for claims that predate the approval of the sale of many of the company’s assets.
Steven Jakubowski, an accident victim’s attorney is quoted in the report as stating in a motion filing, “Many unfortunate GM product victims have suffered enough, and should not be forced to suffer through multiple layers of appeal given that the successor liability issues are legal in nature and ripe for appellate review.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on New York asbestos attorneys and law.Tags: accident, asbestos, bankruptcy, Bloomberg, cancer, General Motors, liability, mesothelioma, new york, U.S. Court, victim
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Optimizing Air Filter Use Through Science — Not Guesswork
- Body Lift Procedure in the Philippines Offers Stunning Advantages
- Droz-GarciniaCambogia.com Offer 50% OFF on ALL Order of Garcinia Cambogia Select
- Part 5: Treatment Of Multidrug Resistant Acinetobacter In Decubitus Ulcers
- Centers For Disease Control And Prevention Diabetes Director Headlines NY Summit
- Aegis Awarded 2nd Patent for Fast Acting Migraine Nasal Spray Treatment
- Camfil Air Filters Weighs-in on I-BEAM: A Tool for Maintaining High IAQ
- Starry Night Gala — Celebrating 100 Years of the American Cancer Society
- Ex-Pharmaceutical Rep thinks everyone can be Perfectly Healthy And Toned
- The NACDD Joins New York Labor Fights Diabetes Initiative