New Strain of HIV Found
A new strain of the virus was discovered in a woman from an African country.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A woman from Cameroon has reportedly been found to be infected with a new strain of the virus that causes AIDS. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the 62 year-old woman, who tested positive for HIV following her move from the African nation to Paris approximately five years ago, was found to have a strain different from the three known to be found in humans.
Researchers are quoted by the AP as stating in their report, the finding “highlights the continuing need to watch closely for the emergence for new HIV variants, particularly in western central Africa.”
More information about the research, funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Tietze Foundation, may be found in Monday’s publication of the Nature Medicine journal.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Medical News
Photo Credit: C. Goldsmith PD-USGov-HHS-CDCTags: AIDS, Cameroon, central Africa, HIV, Paris, strain, virus, woman
Online Medical News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Southern Surgical Arts Has Advanced Technology To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Folicure - The Texas Leader in Hair Restoration
- Candlelight Vigil to be Held Sunday in Lakewood for the late David Nageotte
- Nutrient Rich Fruit a Miracle Cure for Many
- Medic-Trans is Now Offering Long Distance Medical Transport
- American College of Cardiology Partners with Bronx Community on Health Equities
- Monomer-Polymer and Dajac Labs Receives 3M Supplier
- Southern Surgical Arts Announces Grand Opening of Chattanooga Southside Facility
- Tropical Fruit Tree Found to Have Amazing Health and Healing Properties
- Family Counselor And Therapist Opens New Office In Frisco Texas