New Strain of HIV Found
A new strain of the virus was discovered in a woman from an African country.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A woman from Cameroon has reportedly been found to be infected with a new strain of the virus that causes AIDS. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the 62 year-old woman, who tested positive for HIV following her move from the African nation to Paris approximately five years ago, was found to have a strain different from the three known to be found in humans.
Researchers are quoted by the AP as stating in their report, the finding “highlights the continuing need to watch closely for the emergence for new HIV variants, particularly in western central Africa.”
More information about the research, funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Tietze Foundation, may be found in Monday’s publication of the Nature Medicine journal.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Medical News
Photo Credit: C. Goldsmith PD-USGov-HHS-CDCTags: AIDS, Cameroon, central Africa, HIV, Paris, strain, virus, woman
Online Medical News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Southern Surgical Arts Recognized as ‘Best of the Best’ Five Years in a Row
- What’s Hot in Cosmetic Surgery? Southern Surgical Arts’ Top 2013 Blogs
- Cosmetic Surgery for Men Keeps Rising: Up 106% from 1997 to 2012.
- Family First Home Companions Opens New Office in Melville, L.I.
- Your Personal Healing Experience Is Here With Laura Mayer
- Bryan’s United Air Conditioning Is Concerned About Air Quality
- First Regional Benefits Has The Medical And Dental Plans You Are Looking For!
- Educating and Treating Athletes with Eating Disorders
- Patients Benefit from Southern Surgical Arts Focus on Facial & Cosmetic Surgery
- Plano And North Dallas Chiropractor Hires New Licensed Massage Therapist