New Strain of HIV Found
A new strain of the virus was discovered in a woman from an African country.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A woman from Cameroon has reportedly been found to be infected with a new strain of the virus that causes AIDS. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the 62 year-old woman, who tested positive for HIV following her move from the African nation to Paris approximately five years ago, was found to have a strain different from the three known to be found in humans.
Researchers are quoted by the AP as stating in their report, the finding “highlights the continuing need to watch closely for the emergence for new HIV variants, particularly in western central Africa.”
More information about the research, funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Tietze Foundation, may be found in Monday’s publication of the Nature Medicine journal.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Medical News
Photo Credit: C. Goldsmith PD-USGov-HHS-CDCTags: AIDS, Cameroon, central Africa, HIV, Paris, strain, virus, woman
Online Medical News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Commercial Air Filter Company Camfil.us Demonstrates How Air Filters Stack Up
- Southern Surgical Arts to Host Grand Opening Celebration for New Facility
- Viva Healthy Life – The Center for Holistic Medicine in Northeast Philadelphia
- MSrelief.com Announces Special Needs Travel Advocate as Associate Partner
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, M.D., Ph.D., Elected President of Rothman Institute
- Managing Pain Can Help Patients Regain their Lives at Colorado Pain
- Losing Weight Starts With Knowing the Glycemic Index & Glycemic Load Of Foods
- Energetic Healer Claims Multiple Sclerosis symptoms are a Call for our Attention
- Las Vegas Surgeon Wins Top Award at THE Aesthetic Show
- Southern Surgical Arts Has Advanced Technology To Get Rid Of Belly Fat