New Strain of HIV Found
A new strain of the virus was discovered in a woman from an African country.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A woman from Cameroon has reportedly been found to be infected with a new strain of the virus that causes AIDS. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the 62 year-old woman, who tested positive for HIV following her move from the African nation to Paris approximately five years ago, was found to have a strain different from the three known to be found in humans.
Researchers are quoted by the AP as stating in their report, the finding “highlights the continuing need to watch closely for the emergence for new HIV variants, particularly in western central Africa.”
More information about the research, funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Tietze Foundation, may be found in Monday’s publication of the Nature Medicine journal.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Medical News
Photo Credit: C. Goldsmith PD-USGov-HHS-CDCTags: AIDS, Cameroon, central Africa, HIV, Paris, strain, virus, woman
Online Medical News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Dr. Lane Smith’s Tummy Tucks Offer Permanent Solutions to Enhance Your Figure
- Kick start the New Year with a peaceful mind and achievable resolutions!
- Mind Body Makeover Sponsors Essay Contest for Lap Band Patients
- Southern Surgical Arts Launches New Website Features to Enhance User Experience
- New Innovative Breast Augmentation Product Offered by Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
- Life Care Planning Experts Maximize the Life Quality for the Seriously Injured
- Wellki Adds Fitness Specialist to Expert Staff
- MBMFit Online Offers New Medical Weight Loss Plan
- Interim HealthCare of the Central Valley a Top Agency of the 2013 HomeCare Elite
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon Launches Newsroom for Patient Advocacy