New Strain of HIV Found
A new strain of the virus was discovered in a woman from an African country.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A woman from Cameroon has reportedly been found to be infected with a new strain of the virus that causes AIDS. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the 62 year-old woman, who tested positive for HIV following her move from the African nation to Paris approximately five years ago, was found to have a strain different from the three known to be found in humans.
Researchers are quoted by the AP as stating in their report, the finding “highlights the continuing need to watch closely for the emergence for new HIV variants, particularly in western central Africa.”
More information about the research, funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Tietze Foundation, may be found in Monday’s publication of the Nature Medicine journal.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Medical News
Photo Credit: C. Goldsmith PD-USGov-HHS-CDCTags: AIDS, Cameroon, central Africa, HIV, Paris, strain, virus, woman
Online Medical News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Body Lift Procedure in the Philippines Offers Stunning Advantages
- Droz-GarciniaCambogia.com Offer 50% OFF on ALL Order of Garcinia Cambogia Select
- Part 5: Treatment Of Multidrug Resistant Acinetobacter In Decubitus Ulcers
- Centers For Disease Control And Prevention Diabetes Director Headlines NY Summit
- Aegis Awarded 2nd Patent for Fast Acting Migraine Nasal Spray Treatment
- Starry Night Gala — Celebrating 100 Years of the American Cancer Society
- Ex-Pharmaceutical Rep thinks everyone can be Perfectly Healthy And Toned
- The NACDD Joins New York Labor Fights Diabetes Initiative
- Wellki - 65% Off Raspberry Ketone, Green Coffee, Pure Garcinia Cambogia
- Garcinia Cambogia Extra - Garcinia Cambogia & Raspberry Ketone Pills in 1 Bottle