North Texas Town Halls on Health Care Held Via Phone
Reps Eddie Bernice Johnson and Chet Edwards stray from the traditional means of holding town hall meetings in discussing health care.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – North Texas Congressional Democrats are opting to speak to their constituents about health care reform over the phone. As reported by the Dallas Morning News, Reps Eddie Bernice Johnson and Chet Edwards are holding telephone town halls to discuss the issue, which has led some Republicans to begin accusing Democrats of not facing their constituents.
As noted in the report, Johnson has stated the method allows her to reach a greater number of individuals. Doug Thornell, spokesman for Rep. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland is quoted by the Dallas Morning News as stating, “We knew that a significant portion of the recess would be spent pushing back and responding to those myths that are out there… Our advice is really, ‘You know your district; use what works.”
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Dallas News
Photo Credit: WikipediaTags: Chet Edwards, Congressional, Dallas, Eddie Bernice Johnson, health care, North Texas, recess, Rep. Chris Van Hollen, telephone, town hall
Online Dallas News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Credit Union, Bank Executives to Engage in Friendly/Informative Debate
- Ilfusion CEO Jeff Langhammer Selected as a Forty Under Forty Recipient
- “Catwalk at the Stone” Benefitting Hope Center for Autism
- SellingYour Business? The Top 5 Most Important Things To Think About
- April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month
- Trucking Company is Green AND Safe
- Press Release Submission Tips: How to Send a Press Release to the Local Media
- Austin Simply Fit Relocates to Upgraded Facility
- Air Conditioning Repair from the Arlington TX HVAC Professionals
- Selling Your Structured Settlement – When Should You Expect Your Money?