Archie Comics Collector Sells Issue to Protest Engagement
A fan of the comic was angered by the engagement of Archie to Veronica.
Press Release Distribution Service – Wired PR News – An Archie Comics collector and comic book store owner did not take the announcement of an engagement between the red-haired title comic character and the wealthy Veronica lightly. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dave Luebke decided to sell his copy of a collector’s issue of the series for a hefty sum upon finding out the two would be getting engaged after 67 years of being in a love triangle, leaving nice girl Betty in the cold.
Luebke, who sold the issue for $38,837 in a Dallas gallery auction, is quoted by the AP as stating, “Betty is it. Not Veronica… This is serious.” Luebke goes on to state that an overwhelming majority of his customers would agree.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Entertainment NewsTags: Archie, Archie Comics, Betty, character, Collector, Dallas, Dave Luebke, engagement, gallery, press release distribution service, storeowner, Veronica
Online Entertainment News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Making Extra Money Using The Law Of Attraction
- Daisy Berkowitz Makes a Triumphant Return to NYC
- Miami’s Books & Books to Host First Signing for Robin Korth’s “Soul on the Run”
- German actor, film producer and writer Varick Addler takes Hollywood by storm
- How To Attract Money And Wealth Using Law Of Attraction
- Attorney Alan Ellis’ guide to the Best Places to Go to Prison
- “SCHMOOLIE THE DEATHWATCHER” IS IN POST PRODUCTION IN LOS ANGELES
- Production of “SCHMOOLIE THE DEATHWATCHER” Wraps in Los Angeles
- Big Spence Headed to Columbia Gorge International Film Festival
- Early Times® Operation Weekend Pass to Entertain Ft. Knox Soldiers