Archie Comics Collector Sells Issue to Protest Engagement
A fan of the comic was angered by the engagement of Archie to Veronica.
Press Release Distribution Service – Wired PR News – An Archie Comics collector and comic book store owner did not take the announcement of an engagement between the red-haired title comic character and the wealthy Veronica lightly. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dave Luebke decided to sell his copy of a collector’s issue of the series for a hefty sum upon finding out the two would be getting engaged after 67 years of being in a love triangle, leaving nice girl Betty in the cold.
Luebke, who sold the issue for $38,837 in a Dallas gallery auction, is quoted by the AP as stating, “Betty is it. Not Veronica… This is serious.” Luebke goes on to state that an overwhelming majority of his customers would agree.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Entertainment NewsTags: Archie, Archie Comics, Betty, character, Collector, Dallas, Dave Luebke, engagement, gallery, press release distribution service, storeowner, Veronica
Online Entertainment News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Actor Big Spence Rode In for Film Premiere of “The Last Wolf of EZO”
- Onward & Sideways Media Video On Demand Streaming
- Sherri Donovan Takes Mob Wife As Client On VH1 Hit Show
- Big Spence Film “Set Me Free” Slated for Oakland International Film Festival
- WWII Journal Survives German POW Camp to Become New Docu-Miniseries
- Big Reub Filmz Brings Love, Life and Tears to the screen with “Past Tense”
- Bitoomba Introduces Bubbles Factory and The Pirates 3D
- Breaking: Spaced Out Magazine rises in Georgia
- Unique Boutique Resort Ideal for Romantic Getaways & Events
- Extra $$$ for you with ebook: How To Gain Wealth With Just One Word