Archie Comics Collector Sells Issue to Protest Engagement
A fan of the comic was angered by the engagement of Archie to Veronica.
Press Release Distribution Service – Wired PR News – An Archie Comics collector and comic book store owner did not take the announcement of an engagement between the red-haired title comic character and the wealthy Veronica lightly. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dave Luebke decided to sell his copy of a collector’s issue of the series for a hefty sum upon finding out the two would be getting engaged after 67 years of being in a love triangle, leaving nice girl Betty in the cold.
Luebke, who sold the issue for $38,837 in a Dallas gallery auction, is quoted by the AP as stating, “Betty is it. Not Veronica… This is serious.” Luebke goes on to state that an overwhelming majority of his customers would agree.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Entertainment NewsTags: Archie, Archie Comics, Betty, character, Collector, Dallas, Dave Luebke, engagement, gallery, press release distribution service, storeowner, Veronica
Online Entertainment News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Jud Tylor and Dean Cain in this wonderful holiday movie “Defending Santa”
- TicketHurry.com Releases One Direction Tickets For Where We Are Tour
- Move Over ‘Duck Dynasty’ For New York City’s ‘Ballet Dynasty’
- VILLAINS: The series. Deep Productions Studios and Machinima
- Film Released on True Story of Young Veteran’s Battle with Schizophrenia
- Big Spence Caught Up In Action
- Producer Din Altit teamed up with the five times Emmy’s winner Maria Garcia
- Author Selma Curtis Has Released Her Inspirational Book
- Inspirational New Book Of A Child Found In A Dumpster – He Beat the Odds
- Last Weekend in March Brings an Exotic Orchid Show and Sale to Austin, TX