Archie Comics Collector Sells Issue to Protest Engagement
A fan of the comic was angered by the engagement of Archie to Veronica.
Press Release Distribution Service – Wired PR News – An Archie Comics collector and comic book store owner did not take the announcement of an engagement between the red-haired title comic character and the wealthy Veronica lightly. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dave Luebke decided to sell his copy of a collector’s issue of the series for a hefty sum upon finding out the two would be getting engaged after 67 years of being in a love triangle, leaving nice girl Betty in the cold.
Luebke, who sold the issue for $38,837 in a Dallas gallery auction, is quoted by the AP as stating, “Betty is it. Not Veronica… This is serious.” Luebke goes on to state that an overwhelming majority of his customers would agree.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Entertainment NewsTags: Archie, Archie Comics, Betty, character, Collector, Dallas, Dave Luebke, engagement, gallery, press release distribution service, storeowner, Veronica
Online Entertainment News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Big Spence Headed to Columbia Gorge International Film Festival
- Early Times® Operation Weekend Pass to Entertain Ft. Knox Soldiers
- Spaced Out Magazine Launches New Television Network
- Wild Turkey Adventures In Cortland
- Deerfield Ranch Winery in Sonoma Valley hosts the 9th Annual Checkerbloom Gala
- Experiential Marketing Agency Lets You Race Kansas City Chiefs Running Back
- Easiest Factory Unlock/Jailbreak iPhone 5S,5C iOS 7.1.2 From UJB Team No Gevey
- New Book Hints on Conspiracy Against President Obama
- Early Times® Operation Weekend Pass to Entertain NSA Memphis Sailors
- CasinoWebScripts Releases Vast Line of New and Improved Online Casino Products