Archie Comics Collector Sells Issue to Protest Engagement
A fan of the comic was angered by the engagement of Archie to Veronica.
Press Release Distribution Service – Wired PR News – An Archie Comics collector and comic book store owner did not take the announcement of an engagement between the red-haired title comic character and the wealthy Veronica lightly. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dave Luebke decided to sell his copy of a collector’s issue of the series for a hefty sum upon finding out the two would be getting engaged after 67 years of being in a love triangle, leaving nice girl Betty in the cold.
Luebke, who sold the issue for $38,837 in a Dallas gallery auction, is quoted by the AP as stating, “Betty is it. Not Veronica… This is serious.” Luebke goes on to state that an overwhelming majority of his customers would agree.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Entertainment NewsTags: Archie, Archie Comics, Betty, character, Collector, Dallas, Dave Luebke, engagement, gallery, press release distribution service, storeowner, Veronica
Online Entertainment News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Legendary Photographer Hal Gould to be recognized during Month of Photography
- In Real Life, a Dark Comedy About a Fantasy Gaming Addict out on Amazon Prime
- Jud Tylor is an actress of many talents
- J Metro Releases Official Music Video For “Bodyguard”
- Intelligence Squared U.S. Debate Declinists Be Damned: Should We Bet on America?
- Radicall PI Signs Licensing Agreement
- We Will Power Up Your Social Media Outlets Fast!
- The Art of Tai Shin Mun Kung Fu
- Liyuan Theatre in Beijing to Host a New “Beijing Opera” Repertoire
- Radical PI Sport Co Performs Undercover Boss: Gets Interesting Results