Employers Should Rid the Workplace of Bullies
/cdklawyers.com/Keith Clouse – Dallas employment lawyer
Unfortunately, workplace bullying occurs at many companies. The cost to employers is obvious: Targeted employees often have higher absenteeism rates and are less productive. Employees who are bullied will almost certainly leave their employer, leading to a high turnover rate.
Bullying takes several forms. A bully may make derogatory remarks, sabotage an employee’s work, or blame mistakes on others. Sometimes bullies spread office rumors or use subtle physical intimidation tactics (such as blocking a doorway) to gain power over victims.
Although several states have moved to enact anti-bullying laws, employers should initiate actions on their own to rid their workplace of bullies. To this end, managers should be trained in handling workplace conflicts. All employees should be encouraged to speak to a superior or to a human resources representative if an employee either feels troubled by a workplace relationship or witnesses bullying. Following any such reports, the company should investigate the situation and discipline the bully, if necessary. In addition, some companies may choose to draft specific anti-bullying employment policies, identifying the behaviors that the employer will not tolerate and detailing the consequences for violations.
To speak with an employment law attorney about drafting anti-bullying company policies or other employment policies, please contact the Dallas employment lawyers at Clouse Dunn Khoshbin LLP at [email protected].Press Release Contact Information: KEITH A. CLOUSE Clouse Dunn
Khoshbin LLP 214.220.2722
214.220.3833 ( fax)
[email protected] Tags: clouse dunn khoshbin, dallas employment, employment law attorney, employment lawyers, employment policies, human resources, Press Releases, workplace conflicts
Online Business News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Cliff’s Pools & Patios Receives 2014 Best of Sunrise Award
- SphereWMS to Attend BGSA Supply Chain 2015 Conference
- HRP & Taft Law Firm Join Efforts to Discuss Employment Screening Laws
- Risk Based Security appoints Michael Mortensen as European Director
- get4it Releases Free Competitive Analysis Tool for Online Retailers
- Innovative Self Tanner Developer Launches Crowdfunding Campaign
- iW Magazine Releases 10th Edition of Leading Watch Retailers
- Household Budget Survey 2015 Starts
- Presentation of The International Spanish-Russian Forum in Malaga
- Outer Banks Wedding and Bridal Expo January 2015