Employers Should Rid the Workplace of Bullies
/cdklawyers.com/Keith Clouse - Dallas employment lawyer
Unfortunately, workplace bullying occurs at many companies. The cost to employers is obvious: Targeted employees often have higher absenteeism rates and are less productive. Employees who are bullied will almost certainly leave their employer, leading to a high turnover rate.
Bullying takes several forms. A bully may make derogatory remarks, sabotage an employee’s work, or blame mistakes on others. Sometimes bullies spread office rumors or use subtle physical intimidation tactics (such as blocking a doorway) to gain power over victims.
Although several states have moved to enact anti-bullying laws, employers should initiate actions on their own to rid their workplace of bullies. To this end, managers should be trained in handling workplace conflicts. All employees should be encouraged to speak to a superior or to a human resources representative if an employee either feels troubled by a workplace relationship or witnesses bullying. Following any such reports, the company should investigate the situation and discipline the bully, if necessary. In addition, some companies may choose to draft specific anti-bullying employment policies, identifying the behaviors that the employer will not tolerate and detailing the consequences for violations.
To speak with an employment law attorney about drafting anti-bullying company policies or other employment policies, please contact the Dallas employment lawyers at Clouse Dunn Khoshbin LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org.Press Release Contact Information: KEITH A. CLOUSE Clouse Dunn
Khoshbin LLP 214.220.2722
214.220.3833 ( fax)
email@example.com Tags: clouse dunn khoshbin, dallas employment, employment law attorney, employment lawyers, employment policies, human resources, Press Releases, workplace conflicts
Online Business News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Midwest Acquisitions is Expanding
- Suncoast Marketing Inc. selected as Finalist in Student Life Achievement Awards
- Eating Disorder Center of Denver & NEDA Join Forces during ED Awareness Week
- reSAWN TIMBER co. introduces the BARK SIDE collection for flooring/cladding
- King Mohammed VI launches a cement plant and a fiber optic network in Mali
- FMG is on the Move
- Safe Gas Piping Installation With HomeTown Plumbing
- AA-ISP Announces National Relationship with Velocify
- Phantom Screens Launches $10,000 Backyard Makeover Sweepstakes
- Click Measure Media Announces a New PPC Resource Center Dedicated to Paid Search