Hearings Planned on Soda’s Link to Obesity
A California lawmaker has expressed intentions on holding meetings regarding the link between soda consumption and obesity.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A California lawmaker is trying to see that action is taken in regards to the purported link between soda consumption and obesity. As reported by Reuters, Sen. Alex Padilla, noted for campaigning to require restaurants to provide customers with access to calorie information in meals, recently announced plans to hold hearings on the obesity issue.
Padilla is quoted by Reuters as stating of his view on the need for more education in the state about the issue, “I don’t think that most parents truly appreciate the role soda pop has in causing weight gain…It is unfortunate that soda is actually cheaper than milk and even bottled water in many instances.”
The hearings will reportedly be scheduled for November.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Legal and Health News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia User SMCTags: California, calorie, consumption, milk, obesity, Sen. Alex Padilla, soda, water, weight gain
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Insomniacs Failing Drugs Suffer from Sleep Apnea
- Camfil Air Filter Company Reports - Air Filtration Reduces Risk of Swine Viruses
- Commercial Air Filter Company Camfil.us Demonstrates How Air Filters Stack Up
- Indoor Air Quality: A Growing Risk for School — But One That Can be Tackled
- Viva Healthy Life – The Center for Holistic Medicine in Northeast Philadelphia
- MSrelief.com Announces Special Needs Travel Advocate as Associate Partner
- Hospitals Risk Losing Medicare Payments if Infections Aren’t Reduced
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, M.D., Ph.D., Elected President of Rothman Institute
- Managing Pain Can Help Patients Regain their Lives at Colorado Pain
- Losing Weight Starts With Knowing the Glycemic Index & Glycemic Load Of Foods