Hearings Planned on Soda’s Link to Obesity
A California lawmaker has expressed intentions on holding meetings regarding the link between soda consumption and obesity.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A California lawmaker is trying to see that action is taken in regards to the purported link between soda consumption and obesity. As reported by Reuters, Sen. Alex Padilla, noted for campaigning to require restaurants to provide customers with access to calorie information in meals, recently announced plans to hold hearings on the obesity issue.
Padilla is quoted by Reuters as stating of his view on the need for more education in the state about the issue, “I don’t think that most parents truly appreciate the role soda pop has in causing weight gain…It is unfortunate that soda is actually cheaper than milk and even bottled water in many instances.”
The hearings will reportedly be scheduled for November.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Legal and Health News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia User SMCTags: California, calorie, consumption, milk, obesity, Sen. Alex Padilla, soda, water, weight gain
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Las Vegas Surgeon Wins Top Award at THE Aesthetic Show
- Southern Surgical Arts Has Advanced Technology To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Folicure - The Texas Leader in Hair Restoration
- Candlelight Vigil to be Held Sunday in Lakewood for the late David Nageotte
- Nutrient Rich Fruit a Miracle Cure for Many
- Medic-Trans is Now Offering Long Distance Medical Transport
- American College of Cardiology Partners with Bronx Community on Health Equities
- Monomer-Polymer and Dajac Labs Receives 3M Supplier
- Southern Surgical Arts Announces Grand Opening of Chattanooga Southside Facility
- Tropical Fruit Tree Found to Have Amazing Health and Healing Properties