Hearings Planned on Soda’s Link to Obesity
A California lawmaker has expressed intentions on holding meetings regarding the link between soda consumption and obesity.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A California lawmaker is trying to see that action is taken in regards to the purported link between soda consumption and obesity. As reported by Reuters, Sen. Alex Padilla, noted for campaigning to require restaurants to provide customers with access to calorie information in meals, recently announced plans to hold hearings on the obesity issue.
Padilla is quoted by Reuters as stating of his view on the need for more education in the state about the issue, “I don’t think that most parents truly appreciate the role soda pop has in causing weight gain…It is unfortunate that soda is actually cheaper than milk and even bottled water in many instances.”
The hearings will reportedly be scheduled for November.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Legal and Health News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia User SMCTags: California, calorie, consumption, milk, obesity, Sen. Alex Padilla, soda, water, weight gain
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Southern Surgical Arts Recognized as ‘Best of the Best’ Five Years in a Row
- What’s Hot in Cosmetic Surgery? Southern Surgical Arts’ Top 2013 Blogs
- Cosmetic Surgery for Men Keeps Rising: Up 106% from 1997 to 2012.
- Family First Home Companions Opens New Office in Melville, L.I.
- Your Personal Healing Experience Is Here With Laura Mayer
- Bryan’s United Air Conditioning Is Concerned About Air Quality
- First Regional Benefits Has The Medical And Dental Plans You Are Looking For!
- Educating and Treating Athletes with Eating Disorders
- Plano And North Dallas Chiropractor Hires New Licensed Massage Therapist
- Smith Plastic Surgery Institute 2013 Cosmetic Year In Review