Hearings Planned on Soda’s Link to Obesity
A California lawmaker has expressed intentions on holding meetings regarding the link between soda consumption and obesity.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A California lawmaker is trying to see that action is taken in regards to the purported link between soda consumption and obesity. As reported by Reuters, Sen. Alex Padilla, noted for campaigning to require restaurants to provide customers with access to calorie information in meals, recently announced plans to hold hearings on the obesity issue.
Padilla is quoted by Reuters as stating of his view on the need for more education in the state about the issue, “I don’t think that most parents truly appreciate the role soda pop has in causing weight gain…It is unfortunate that soda is actually cheaper than milk and even bottled water in many instances.”
The hearings will reportedly be scheduled for November.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Legal and Health News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia User SMCTags: California, calorie, consumption, milk, obesity, Sen. Alex Padilla, soda, water, weight gain
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- MSreliefMarketplace.com Celebrates Grand Opening
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon Unveils Potential Results Pre-Nose Reshaping
- Linda Grace Cox Helps People Suffering From Multiple Sclerosis Choose Joy
- Phytoceramides are approved by the FDA thanks to a new Clinical Study
- Social Media Drives Desire for Cosmetic Surgery in Young Adults
- Mother of Eight Helps Others Choose JOY in the Face of Multiple Sclerosis
- Injured Hospital Patients Don’t Have to Fight for Compensation Alone
- Why You May Need Dental Implants in Denver
- Scientists Find Progress With Anti Aging Research
- CoolSculpting Procedure Offered by Dr. Lane Smith called “Best Body Treatment”