Hearings Planned on Soda’s Link to Obesity
A California lawmaker has expressed intentions on holding meetings regarding the link between soda consumption and obesity.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A California lawmaker is trying to see that action is taken in regards to the purported link between soda consumption and obesity. As reported by Reuters, Sen. Alex Padilla, noted for campaigning to require restaurants to provide customers with access to calorie information in meals, recently announced plans to hold hearings on the obesity issue.
Padilla is quoted by Reuters as stating of his view on the need for more education in the state about the issue, “I don’t think that most parents truly appreciate the role soda pop has in causing weight gain…It is unfortunate that soda is actually cheaper than milk and even bottled water in many instances.”
The hearings will reportedly be scheduled for November.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Legal and Health News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia User SMCTags: California, calorie, consumption, milk, obesity, Sen. Alex Padilla, soda, water, weight gain
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Zyno Medical, LLC Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Ambulatory Infusion Pump
- Surgical Mask Uses Crowd Funding to Deliver Ebola Protection to Those in Need
- Stem cell and orthopaedic foundations partner on stem cell research
- Global FPIES Day Educates on Rare, Life Threatening Illness in Infants/Children
- New Study Finds Carpet Tile May Limit Stress in Healthcare Facilities
- Chic la Vie at Smith Plastic Surgery to Host Holiday Season Kickoff Event
- Instant and Long-Lasting Relief for Joint Pain Now Available
- Hidden Peruvian Young-Skin Secret Erases Years In Dr. Sears MD New Night Cream
- Ultherapy® Skin Lift Treatment Now Available from Southern Surgical Arts
- Medical doctor treats patients using different alternative techniques