Hearings Planned on Soda’s Link to Obesity
A California lawmaker has expressed intentions on holding meetings regarding the link between soda consumption and obesity.
Press Release Service – Wired PR News – A California lawmaker is trying to see that action is taken in regards to the purported link between soda consumption and obesity. As reported by Reuters, Sen. Alex Padilla, noted for campaigning to require restaurants to provide customers with access to calorie information in meals, recently announced plans to hold hearings on the obesity issue.
Padilla is quoted by Reuters as stating of his view on the need for more education in the state about the issue, “I don’t think that most parents truly appreciate the role soda pop has in causing weight gain…It is unfortunate that soda is actually cheaper than milk and even bottled water in many instances.”
The hearings will reportedly be scheduled for November.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Legal and Health News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia User SMCTags: California, calorie, consumption, milk, obesity, Sen. Alex Padilla, soda, water, weight gain
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Eating Disorder Center of Denver Participates in Eating Disorder Awareness Week
- Reverse-Diabetes.Com is The Highest Paying Affiliate Program For 2015
- Best 2015 Affiliate Program – Reverse Diabetes Is The Highest Paying Program
- What Results Should Women Really Expect From Insanity Workout Within 60 Days
- Southern Surgical Arts Teams With Go Red for Women To Fight #1 Killer of Women
- New Eating Disorder Center of Kansas City Opens to Provide Care
- Zyno Medical Announces CE Mark Approval for the Z-800 Infusion Pump System
- Technology Provides Fast-Track to Core AODA Compliance in time for Deadline
- Dr. Man, M.D. Offers Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Services in Boca Raton
- Southern Surgical Arts Hosts Seminar on Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures