Obama pays tribute to veterans Wednesday
The president honored veterans at a ceremony at the Arlington National Cemetery Wednesday.
Washington, D.C. (WiredPRNews.com) - President Barack Obama paid tribute to service men and women in honor of Veteran’s Day Wednesday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Obama participated with others in a traditional wreath laying ceremony the day after speaking at a memorial service for victims of the recent shootings at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas.
Obama is quoted by the AP as stating during Wednesday’s ceremony, “We gather here mindful that the generation serving today already deserves a place alongside previous generations for the courage they have shown and the sacrifices that they have made.” Obama further pledged to veterans and their families, “America will not let you down.”
The president also spoke of the Fort Hood tragedy, stating of the soldiers at the base, “To all of them — to our veterans, to the fallen and to their families — there is no tribute, no commemoration, no praise that can truly match the magnitude of your service and your sacrifice.”
WiredPRNews.com - The latest in U.S. Presidential News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia User RememberTags: Arlington National Cemetery, Barack, D.C., Fort Hood, Obama, tribute, veteran, Veteran's Day, Washington
Online News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Air Algerie Flight Crashes In Mali
- ninthd signed a contract with UBL Omni for fee collection across Pakistan
- King Felipe VI And Queen Letizia Visit Social Development Projects In Morocco
- Official Welcoming Ceremony For HM King Felipe VI in Morocco
- King Felipe VI visits Morocco
- Royal Thai Army Chief Ordered To Quicken The Thai Border Areas’ Solutions
- Summary Army Plans from the Royal Thai Army‘s Directly Institutions Meeting
- How Happy and Successful Are You?
- FEARLESS POETS, FOUNDED BY ASHLEY LOVE, WILL BE MAKING NOISE IN ATL ON BULLYING
- Deborah Blake Dempsey Announces Release Of New Middle Grade Book, THE HOPPERNOTS