Obama pays tribute to veterans Wednesday
The president honored veterans at a ceremony at the Arlington National Cemetery Wednesday.
Washington, D.C. (WiredPRNews.com) - President Barack Obama paid tribute to service men and women in honor of Veteran’s Day Wednesday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Obama participated with others in a traditional wreath laying ceremony the day after speaking at a memorial service for victims of the recent shootings at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas.
Obama is quoted by the AP as stating during Wednesday’s ceremony, “We gather here mindful that the generation serving today already deserves a place alongside previous generations for the courage they have shown and the sacrifices that they have made.” Obama further pledged to veterans and their families, “America will not let you down.”
The president also spoke of the Fort Hood tragedy, stating of the soldiers at the base, “To all of them — to our veterans, to the fallen and to their families — there is no tribute, no commemoration, no praise that can truly match the magnitude of your service and your sacrifice.”
WiredPRNews.com - The latest in U.S. Presidential News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia User RememberTags: Arlington National Cemetery, Barack, D.C., Fort Hood, Obama, tribute, veteran, Veteran's Day, Washington
Online News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- NYC Pediatrician Publishes Children’s Book; 5-Star Reviews!
- Royal Thai Army plans to inaugurate the “Good People groups”
- Royal Thai Army improving Tele-Conference system
- Bestessaytips.com - Best Well-Known Custom Essay Writing Service
- Harris School of Business Holds Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony in Cherry Hill
- Spaced Out Magazine Launches New Television Network
- Father Launches New Paid Survey Site for Teenagers
- King Mohammed VI Throne Day Speech, 30 July 2014
- Rudolph Academy K-8 Audio Spelling System Online
- Zara Tours & the Mount Kilimanjaro Porters Society Announce Porter of the Year