Many kids fear classroom bullying
A new study suggests many kids feel the threat of being bullied in their classrooms.
U.S. (WiredPRNews.com) – A new study suggests a number of children feel intimidated by bullies in their classrooms, more than previously believed. As reported by HealthDay News, the study found that two-thirds of the students surveyed reported having been subjected to some form of classroom bullying over the last month. An estimated 25 percent also reportedly resorted to measures such as skipping classes, or avoiding other areas of their schools in an attempt to prevent being bullied.
As noted in the report, the findings of the study were presented in Philadelphia at the American Public Health Association’s yearly meeting. H. Wesley Perkins, lead researcher on the study, is quoted by HealthDay News as stating in a release, “These findings show that it is erroneous to think of the classroom as a safe haven from bullying and to think that more remote or less-monitored areas of school are necessarily the greatest risk for students.”
Information on bullying prevention may be available at http://www.stopbullyingnow.hrsa.gov/kids/.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Education NewsTags: American Public Health Association, classroom bullying, Philadelphia, researcher, skipping classes, students, study
Online Education News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Acts 2 Technology Partners with Mega Global Ministry in Latin America
- KungFuzos Introduces Express Yourself eLearning
- International Resiliency Experts to Gather for Conference at Reed College
- MackinVIA adds iPhone/iPod and Android Apps to Complement Their Digital Presence
- Retired Police Chief Writes Book on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Alabamian Author Pens Historical Novel Based in Alabama
- Harbor Healthcare Announces Ribbon Cutting for New Girls’ Haven Study Room
- The Music Factory Debuts First Series of Music Lesson Method Books.
- MindStir Media Author Launches Book Promoting Authentic Christianity
- Treat your mother to something special with a great read from the Book People