SAFETYSHOP.COM has recently launched a competition to find a great new school safety sign from the very people who will see it, the school children of the UK!
The prize list for the winning design is very impressive including:
• The winning entry will have their safety sign produced and manufactured in Safetyshop’s sign making facility
• £150 worth of Safetyshop vouchers
• Tour around Safetyshop’s 34,000 square foot manufacturing facility
• Borders gift vouchers
• Art material gift bag
• Plus a mystery prize
The competition is to find a safety sign that is aimed at school children (7 years to 16 years old) to raise awareness of the importance of health and safety practices. “At SafetyShop, we believe anyone who gets involved in health and safety practice is safer than those who don’t.”
“That is why we have launched a competition specifically for schools to design a safety sign which they can use on their premises”. Entries are now being taken either in hand drawn or computer generated form and requires the pupil’s name and age along with their teacher’s name and school address and telephone or email address. (Full terms and details are included below)
Since launching its new line of School and Education safety supplies, Online Safety Equipment retailer SAFETYSHOP.COM have been able to provide vital health and safety measures to educational institutions up and down the country.
From Fire Extinguishers to first aid kits SafetyShop.com is able to cover any requirement that businesses and schools need legally to be fully health and safety law compliant. The wide ranges of products that schools and educational establishments could need are all covered on SafetyShop.com including vital winter weather and cleaning supplies.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Entries can be sent to Safetyshop from 5 November 2009. More than one entry per school is permitted. All entries must be submitted by 5:30pm on 5 December 2009. The competition is only open to primary and secondary school children, aged between 7-16 years of age. The winning entry will be announced in January 2010.
2. All entries must include the name and age of the students who designed the safety sign as well as their teacher’s name, school address including a telephone number or email address.
3. The safety sign can be produced hand drawn or computer generated. Computer generated designs must be sent to [email protected] Paper based designs can be posted to School Sign Competition, Safetyshop, Bredbury Industrial Park, Stockport, SK2 6RR.
4. Entries must be original. The use of copyright symbols such as clipart is permissible but entries WILL NOT be judged on technical detail alone. Entries will be assessed on the sign’s effectiveness to communicate a strong health and safety message. Safetyshop assumes no obligation to return sign entries or compensate designers in any way for the non-commercial use of the design.
5. The tour of Safetyshop’s manufacturing facility is limited to a school within reasonable travelling distance.
For further information please contact: Tel: 0800 389 5310 or email: [email protected]