Military divorce rate higher than last year
The divorce rate for those in active military duty has reportedly increased since last year.
U.S. (WiredPRNews.com) – The divorce rate for couples in which at least one partner is in active military duty is higher than the rate last year. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the military divorce rate was shown to have risen by recent statistics from the Defense Manpower Data Center, despite the existence of several programs for couples dealing with marriage issues.
Air Force Maj. April Cunningham, a spokesperson for the Defense Department, is quoted by the AP as stating of the programs offered for couples, “All military services have a variety of programs focused on strengthening and/or enriching family bonds among couples… We believe these programs are instrumental in mitigating the stresses deployment places on marriages.”
Others, however, note that despite the availability of such programs, the ongoing war has likely had a significant impact on the marriages of many service men and women. Joe Davis, a spokesman for the Veterans of Foreign Wars organization, is quoted in the report as stating, “Every marriage has controllable and uncontrollable factors… But when you interject eight years of war, preparing for war, being at war, coming home and having to think about going back to war again — and when you have children — it just has a tremendous impact on the family unit.”
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in Military News
Photo Credit: Wikipedia public domainTags: Defense Department, Defense Manpower Data Center, divorce, Manpower, marriage, military, military duty, Veterans of Foreign Wars
Online News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Alpha Phi At Barry University Welcomes New Chapter Advisor And President
- Royal Thai Army To Repossessed The National Forest That Are Invaded
- Royal Thai Army Chief designated the Soldiers to help flood victims in Sukhothai
- Marines assist injured Marine
- NYC Pediatrician Publishes Children’s Book; 5-Star Reviews!
- Royal Thai Army plans to inaugurate the “Good People groups”
- Royal Thai Army improving Tele-Conference system
- Bestessaytips.com - Best Well-Known Custom Essay Writing Service
- Harris School of Business Holds Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony in Cherry Hill
- Spaced Out Magazine Launches New Television Network