Health care bill near passage
The controversial legislation is closer to passage after another crucial Senate vote.
Washington, D.C. (WiredPRNews.com) – The Senate is closer to passage of a bill designed to overhaul the health care system in the United States. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Democrats advanced the legislation with a 60-39 vote Wednesday.
Majority Leader Harry Reid is quoted by the AP as stating of the advancing legislation, “We stand on the doorstep of history.”
Obama is further quoted in the report as stating in a recent PBS interview of his willingness to sign the bill, even if the controversial public option is omitted, “Would I like one of those options to be the public option? Yes. Do I think that it makes sense, as some have argued, that, without the public option, we dump all these other extraordinary reforms and we say to the 30 million people who don’t have coverage, `You know, sorry. We didn’t get exactly what we wanted?’ I don’t think that makes sense.”
A vote for final passage is set for Thursday.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in U.S. Presidential NewsTags: health care bill, Leader Harry Reid, Obama, overhaul, PBS, public option, Senate
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Zyno Medical Announces CE Mark Approval for the Z-800 Infusion Pump System
- Technology Provides Fast-Track to Core AODA Compliance in time for Deadline
- Dr. Man, M.D. Offers Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Services in Boca Raton
- Southern Surgical Arts Hosts Seminar on Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures
- Center for Excellence in Leadership
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgery Practice Offers Services for Better Winter Skin Care
- Neurobiologix Launches Methylation Sublingual for Immune &Nervous System Support
- Camfil USA Acquires Edco Establishing New Sales Branch for Air Filters in NY
- Southern Surgical Arts Offers Groundbreaking Solution for Tattoo Removal
- Zyno Medical, LLC Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Ambulatory Infusion Pump