Health care bill near passage
The controversial legislation is closer to passage after another crucial Senate vote.
Washington, D.C. (WiredPRNews.com) – The Senate is closer to passage of a bill designed to overhaul the health care system in the United States. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Democrats advanced the legislation with a 60-39 vote Wednesday.
Majority Leader Harry Reid is quoted by the AP as stating of the advancing legislation, “We stand on the doorstep of history.”
Obama is further quoted in the report as stating in a recent PBS interview of his willingness to sign the bill, even if the controversial public option is omitted, “Would I like one of those options to be the public option? Yes. Do I think that it makes sense, as some have argued, that, without the public option, we dump all these other extraordinary reforms and we say to the 30 million people who don’t have coverage, `You know, sorry. We didn’t get exactly what we wanted?’ I don’t think that makes sense.”
A vote for final passage is set for Thursday.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in U.S. Presidential NewsTags: health care bill, Leader Harry Reid, Obama, overhaul, PBS, public option, Senate
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Eating Disorder Center of Denver Participates in Eating Disorder Awareness Week
- Reverse-Diabetes.Com is The Highest Paying Affiliate Program For 2015
- Best 2015 Affiliate Program – Reverse Diabetes Is The Highest Paying Program
- What Results Should Women Really Expect From Insanity Workout Within 60 Days
- Southern Surgical Arts Teams With Go Red for Women To Fight #1 Killer of Women
- New Eating Disorder Center of Kansas City Opens to Provide Care
- Zyno Medical Announces CE Mark Approval for the Z-800 Infusion Pump System
- Technology Provides Fast-Track to Core AODA Compliance in time for Deadline
- Dr. Man, M.D. Offers Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Services in Boca Raton
- Southern Surgical Arts Hosts Seminar on Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures