Health care bill near passage
The controversial legislation is closer to passage after another crucial Senate vote.
Washington, D.C. (WiredPRNews.com) – The Senate is closer to passage of a bill designed to overhaul the health care system in the United States. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Democrats advanced the legislation with a 60-39 vote Wednesday.
Majority Leader Harry Reid is quoted by the AP as stating of the advancing legislation, “We stand on the doorstep of history.”
Obama is further quoted in the report as stating in a recent PBS interview of his willingness to sign the bill, even if the controversial public option is omitted, “Would I like one of those options to be the public option? Yes. Do I think that it makes sense, as some have argued, that, without the public option, we dump all these other extraordinary reforms and we say to the 30 million people who don’t have coverage, `You know, sorry. We didn’t get exactly what we wanted?’ I don’t think that makes sense.”
A vote for final passage is set for Thursday.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in U.S. Presidential NewsTags: health care bill, Leader Harry Reid, Obama, overhaul, PBS, public option, Senate
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Southern Surgical Arts Recognized as ‘Best of the Best’ Five Years in a Row
- What’s Hot in Cosmetic Surgery? Southern Surgical Arts’ Top 2013 Blogs
- Cosmetic Surgery for Men Keeps Rising: Up 106% from 1997 to 2012.
- Family First Home Companions Opens New Office in Melville, L.I.
- Your Personal Healing Experience Is Here With Laura Mayer
- Bryan’s United Air Conditioning Is Concerned About Air Quality
- First Regional Benefits Has The Medical And Dental Plans You Are Looking For!
- Educating and Treating Athletes with Eating Disorders
- Plano And North Dallas Chiropractor Hires New Licensed Massage Therapist
- Smith Plastic Surgery Institute 2013 Cosmetic Year In Review