Health care bill near passage
The controversial legislation is closer to passage after another crucial Senate vote.
Washington, D.C. (WiredPRNews.com) – The Senate is closer to passage of a bill designed to overhaul the health care system in the United States. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Democrats advanced the legislation with a 60-39 vote Wednesday.
Majority Leader Harry Reid is quoted by the AP as stating of the advancing legislation, “We stand on the doorstep of history.”
Obama is further quoted in the report as stating in a recent PBS interview of his willingness to sign the bill, even if the controversial public option is omitted, “Would I like one of those options to be the public option? Yes. Do I think that it makes sense, as some have argued, that, without the public option, we dump all these other extraordinary reforms and we say to the 30 million people who don’t have coverage, `You know, sorry. We didn’t get exactly what we wanted?’ I don’t think that makes sense.”
A vote for final passage is set for Thursday.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in U.S. Presidential NewsTags: health care bill, Leader Harry Reid, Obama, overhaul, PBS, public option, Senate
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Camfil Sustainable air filters cut costs for industrial and hospital buildings
- Integrative Healing and Wellness Program Now in South Florida
- Hospitals can lower HVAC energy costs by 20% says Camfil air filter company
- Sculptra, a Longer Lasting Wrinkle Treatment in Chattanooga
- Where To Buy It Works Body Wraps: Body Wraps By It Works
- Roberto Cavalli And MINI Team Up To Fight AIDS
- Indoor Air Pollution Claims 3.5 Million Lives Each Year
- Phase4 Pharmeceutical’s AgeForce Introduces Breakthrough Weight Loss Patch
- Integrative Healer brings unique skill set to Palm Beach County
- Where To Buy It Works Body Wraps In New Orleans: Body Wraps Delivered Same Day