Health care bill near passage
The controversial legislation is closer to passage after another crucial Senate vote.
Washington, D.C. (WiredPRNews.com) – The Senate is closer to passage of a bill designed to overhaul the health care system in the United States. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Democrats advanced the legislation with a 60-39 vote Wednesday.
Majority Leader Harry Reid is quoted by the AP as stating of the advancing legislation, “We stand on the doorstep of history.”
Obama is further quoted in the report as stating in a recent PBS interview of his willingness to sign the bill, even if the controversial public option is omitted, “Would I like one of those options to be the public option? Yes. Do I think that it makes sense, as some have argued, that, without the public option, we dump all these other extraordinary reforms and we say to the 30 million people who don’t have coverage, `You know, sorry. We didn’t get exactly what we wanted?’ I don’t think that makes sense.”
A vote for final passage is set for Thursday.
WiredPRNews.com – The latest in U.S. Presidential NewsTags: health care bill, Leader Harry Reid, Obama, overhaul, PBS, public option, Senate
Online Health & Fitness News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, M.D., Ph.D., Elected President of Rothman Institute
- Managing Pain Can Help Patients Regain their Lives at Colorado Pain
- Losing Weight Starts With Knowing the Glycemic Index & Glycemic Load Of Foods
- Energetic Healer Claims Multiple Sclerosis symptoms are a Call for our Attention
- Las Vegas Surgeon Wins Top Award at THE Aesthetic Show
- Southern Surgical Arts Has Advanced Technology To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Folicure - The Texas Leader in Hair Restoration
- Candlelight Vigil to be Held Sunday in Lakewood for the late David Nageotte
- Nutrient Rich Fruit a Miracle Cure for Many
- Medic-Trans is Now Offering Long Distance Medical Transport