Fund planned for work related sicknesses
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on asbestos and mesothelioma law.
U.K. (Mesothelioma Cancer News) – A fund is being planned by the Department for Work to help individuals who have been injured or have become ill on the job, but have been denied needed compensation. As reported by Mirror.co.uk, the fund has been deemed a major step for the Mirror’s Asbestos campaign because it will potentially benefit victims of asbestos exposure who have become ill as a result.
The sister of asbestos victim Christopher Bell who was awarded damages by a court for mesothelioma, but has yet to receive a payout, Catherine, is quoted in the report as stating of hopes that the fund will be implemented swiftly, “We hope it will be put in place quickly so he can benefit. Or no-one will pay.”
The Association of British Insurers is quoted as stating of its opposition to the fund, “It can’t be right that today’s lawabiding employers should pay for firms that no longer exist and who may not have had insurance.”Tags: asbestos, cancer, compensation, insurance, mesothelioma, U.K., victim
Online Mesothelioma Asbestos News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Infamous author dies from mesothelioma
- Hiring a Mesothelioma Lawyer
- Make Choosing a Mesothelioma Attorney Your Top Priority
- Scientist Say Your Own Cells Could Be Triggering Mesothelioma
- Mesothelioma Lawyer John Cooney Chairs Upcoming Asbestos Compensation Conference
- Dallas Mesothelioma Lawyer Reports on Detecting Mesothelioma
- After The Asbestos Exposure Steps from Mesothelioma Lawyers
- Asbestos Exposure Plus Smoking Increases Cancer Risk Substantially
- Companies face stiff fines for ignoring asbestos regulations
- How to Find a Dallas Mesothelioma Lawyer