West Palm Beach, Florida -(WiredPRNews.com) — The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and the house still feels like it’s stuck in the winter blues. Spring cleaning is a tradition that allows people to freshen up their home and get ready for the fun-filled (and sometimes hectic) seasons of Spring and Summer. Here are some helpful hints and how-to’s for Springtime cleaning.
1. Store seasonal kitchen utensils, like Christmas cookie-cutters and Easter egg decorating kits in the hard-to-reach kitchen cabinets. This leaves the kitchen clutter free and makes room for springtime entertaining.
2. Give the kitchen a good cleaning. Walls will likely need to be washed more often in this room than in others. It’s a good time to polish and freshen up the countertop areas. For easy cleaning throughout the warmer seasons, keep Weiman’s Granite and Cook Top Wipes [http://www.pioneerlinens.com/HouseholdCleaningForHomeDecor] on hand for quick clean up.
The Dining Room:
1. Again, a thorough dusting of the ceiling and corners of walls is always a good idea. Determine if the walls need to be washed, maybe just spot washing where dirty marks appear.
2. Keep furniture looking like new by cleaning with a lemon oil with sunscreen. Weiman makes a wonderful product that not only cleans, moisturizes and preserves furniture, but the formulated UVX-15 sunscreen guards furniture from direct and indirect sunlight. Such a wonderful idea, right?
3. Be sure to store holiday table linens and tabletop accessories appropriately so there appear like new the next time they are needed. A great trick to prolong the life of heirloom banquet tablecloths is to wrap them in acid-free paper, and place either in a linen closet or dining room hutch. To keep linens smelling fresh all year long, use mildly scented drawer liners in a favorite fragrance or linen storage bags filled with lavender.
4. For storing fine china and silver, use Haggerty Silver Keepers [http://www.pioneerlinens.com/HouseholdCleaningForTable]. Haggerty has a wide range of sizes fitting everything from salad spoons to serving plates. China separators are not a bad idea either, helping to prevent breaking or chipping of plates. Before hiding away the silver, be sure to clean them with some type of silver polish or silversmith wipe. This will reduce the need to polish them when the need arises to use them next.
1. When spring arrives and drab, neutral colored bedding is switched out for fun floral prints, it just brightens the morning waking up in a field of flowers! Before storing fall and winter bedding, launder them with a mild pH-balanced detergent, such as LeBlanc Linen Wash [http://www.pioneerlinens.com/Linenwashforhomedecor].
2. Use lavender-filled storage bags when putting away linens for long periods of time. Elizabeth W. has created bags are made of canvas (never store linens in plastic!), and the smell of lavender tucked away in the silk sachet pockets is simply divine!
The Bathroom is definitely one of the least favorite rooms of the house to clean, but with a little elbow grease and SUDS All Purpose Professional Cleaner, cleaning the bathroom will be a thing of the past. SUDS is a specialty product great for soap build-up and tile grout, as well as many other household spring cleaning chores.
Other Favorite Spring Cleaning Products Include:
Hagerty Eco-Friendly Silver Polish
Hagerty Silver Gloves and Polish
Lavender Ironing Water
Ritz Window Cloth
Weiman Silver Polish
Weiman Instant Tarnish Remover
Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish
Weiman Wax Away
About Pioneer Linens:
Since 1912, Pioneer Linens has remained the premier luxury bedding retailer in West Palm Beach, Florida, selling fine linens, table linens, bath accessories and home decor for the bedroom, bathroom, dining, yacht or jet.
By following these few simple steps, Spring cleaning will be as simple as a picnic in the park! For more Spring cleaning ideas, visit http://www.PioneerLinens.com or call 1.800.207.LINENS.