BP to order Costner cleanup gadgets
06/25/2010 // US // TiffNews10 // News Desk
US – BP is reportedly set to take actor Kevin Costner up on his offer and use his machines to assist in the oil spill cleanup. As reported by Yahoo! News, the company is set to order 32 of the devices after giving the oil-separating centrifuge endorsed by Costner high marks.
As noted in the report, Costner is stated to have invested approximately $20 million in the development of the centrifuges, and worked over the last 15 years on their progress. He previously testified before Congress to explain how the machine works, and the potential benefits of its use in cleanup of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles is quoted in the report as stating of the device, “We tested it in some of the toughest environments we could find, and actually what it’s done — it’s quite robust… This is real technology with real science behind it, and it’s passed all of those tests.” He added that Costner’s device has proved effective at processing 128,000 barrels of water a day, which “can make a real difference to our spill response efforts.”
The latest in BP Oil Spill News
Photo Found: Wikipedia public domain
Tags: bp oil spill, chief operating officer, Congress, doug suttles, Gulf of Mexico, kevin costner, oil spill cleanup
Online News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- NYC Pediatrician Publishes Children’s Book; 5-Star Reviews!
- Royal Thai Army plans to inaugurate the “Good People groups”
- Royal Thai Army improving Tele-Conference system
- Bestessaytips.com - Best Well-Known Custom Essay Writing Service
- Harris School of Business Holds Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony in Cherry Hill
- Spaced Out Magazine Launches New Television Network
- Father Launches New Paid Survey Site for Teenagers
- King Mohammed VI Throne Day Speech, 30 July 2014
- Rudolph Academy K-8 Audio Spelling System Online
- Zara Tours & the Mount Kilimanjaro Porters Society Announce Porter of the Year