BP to order Costner cleanup gadgets
06/25/2010 // US // TiffNews10 // News Desk
US – BP is reportedly set to take actor Kevin Costner up on his offer and use his machines to assist in the oil spill cleanup. As reported by Yahoo! News, the company is set to order 32 of the devices after giving the oil-separating centrifuge endorsed by Costner high marks.
As noted in the report, Costner is stated to have invested approximately $20 million in the development of the centrifuges, and worked over the last 15 years on their progress. He previously testified before Congress to explain how the machine works, and the potential benefits of its use in cleanup of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles is quoted in the report as stating of the device, “We tested it in some of the toughest environments we could find, and actually what it’s done — it’s quite robust… This is real technology with real science behind it, and it’s passed all of those tests.” He added that Costner’s device has proved effective at processing 128,000 barrels of water a day, which “can make a real difference to our spill response efforts.”
The latest in BP Oil Spill News
Photo Found: Wikipedia public domain
Tags: bp oil spill, chief operating officer, Congress, doug suttles, Gulf of Mexico, kevin costner, oil spill cleanup
Online News News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Is Psoriasis a Condition for Which I Can Receive Social Security Benefits?
- I Have a Burn Injury That Is Taking a Long Time to Heal: Can I Get Disability?
- What Do I Do If Someone Hit My Parked Car?
- What Will Happen to My Child’s SSI Disability When They Turn 18?
- Thai Scout Soldier Arrested 16 Illegal Myanmar Migrant Workers
- The Best YouTube Campaign on the market! 4 MILLION VIEWS IN 15 days! $1850
- What Role Does My Age Play in Receiving Social Security Disability?
- Why Prompt Medical Attention After Any Motor Vehicle Accident is Important
- International Resiliency Experts to Gather for Conference at Reed College
- Common Questions About Social Security Disability