With over 1,000,000 types of known viruses and thousands more threats not yet identified, it is clear that organized cyber criminals are becoming more sophisticated, organized, and effective in their attempts to access your computer.
Viruses can do a lot more than make your computer “act funny.” They can steal confidential passwords and account information, wipe out your data, and destroy your system. Plus, recovering your system from a virus can get very expensive.
The old saying, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” certainly applies here.
TO KEEP YOUR COMPUTER VIRUS-FREE, HERE ARE 3 KEY STRATEGIES:
1. Install and maintain a good firewall.
A firewall will protect your computer from malicious programs that work 24-7 to find inroads to unprotected systems. Windows XP’s firewall offers limited protection and should not be your only defense.
2. Install and maintain up-to-date anti-virus software. Anti-virus protection is a must on any Internet connected computer. However, you must make sure it is always being updated. New viruses are being released daily. If you miss an update, you’re vulnerable.
3. Update your operating system. Microsoft frequently releases updates (called patches) to protect their users from newly discovered security loopholes. While most updates can be installed automatically with Windows Update, some require professional attention.
Want to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you are protected from malicious attacks?
Call Cartish and we’ll schedule a SECURITY AUDIT of your network that will:
- Check your firewall and network security
- Check for critical updates and patches
- Check your anti-virus software
- Scan for hidden spyware programs
- Check for system errors, conflicts, or other problems
- Verify your system backups
If your network is free and clear of virus threats, you’ll sleep easier at night! If we discover a security loophole, we’ll explain your options for getting it fixed ASAP.
Cartish Technologies is an innovative technology company focused on providing hardware and software support for small and medium-sized businesses. We have partnered with leaders in the industry to aide us in delivering these solutions. Our goal as a Managed Service Provider is to provide you with customized solutions while building a strong, long-term relationship. This relationship is based upon quality work, excellent customer service and our ability to help you implement the right solutions and architecture in a productive and efficient manner within your organization.
As a full service information technology consulting organization, we focus on providing technology-based solutions that will help customers navigate through today’s information technology issues and plan for future needs.