Doctor accused of trying to prevent homosexuality before birth
08/08/2010 // US // TiffNews10 // News Desk
U.S. – An American doctor has been accused of attempting to prevent homosexuality with the use of an experimental prenatal treatment. As reported by HealthDay News, pediatric endocrinologist and researcher Dr. Maria New of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Florida International University, is at the center of the accusations by medical ethicists who assert her endorsement of the use of dexamethasone for the prevention of the development of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) may be motivated by a hidden agenda. CAH may cause females to be born with indistinct genitalia.
Alice Dreger, professor of clinical medical humanities and bioethics at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine is quoted in the report as stating of New, “Her main goal has been to prevent ambiguous genitalia and all the things that come with it, including what she calls ‘behavioral masculinization.” New reportedly denies the accusations.
Several medical societies are now reportedly drafting guidelines regarding the use of dexamethasone for CAH set to be published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism in September.
The latest in Medical News
Tags: ambiguous genitalia, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, dexamethasone, journal of clinical endocrinology, mount sinai school of medicine, pediatric endocrinologist, prenatal treatment
Online Press Releases News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Honda Civic Is Significantly Updated Once Again for 2014 Model Year
- TUF-Line Renews Sponsorship for Fishing University’s 2014 television season
- GroupPost – Simplified Group Messaging
- The Christmas Elves are Rebelling at Auction Fire Website
- Dr. Lane Smith’s Tummy Tucks Offer Permanent Solutions to Enhance Your Figure
- Kick start the New Year with a peaceful mind and achievable resolutions!
- 2014 Mazda3 and Mazda6 Each Land on Car and Driver’s 10Best Cars List
- Freedom Tackle Corporation Joins Fishing University
- StarWalk Kids Media eBooks Win QED Seal of Approval
- National Timeshare Owners Association Partner with ARDA Chairman’s League Member