Doctor accused of trying to prevent homosexuality before birth
08/08/2010 // US // TiffNews10 // News Desk
U.S. – An American doctor has been accused of attempting to prevent homosexuality with the use of an experimental prenatal treatment. As reported by HealthDay News, pediatric endocrinologist and researcher Dr. Maria New of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Florida International University, is at the center of the accusations by medical ethicists who assert her endorsement of the use of dexamethasone for the prevention of the development of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) may be motivated by a hidden agenda. CAH may cause females to be born with indistinct genitalia.
Alice Dreger, professor of clinical medical humanities and bioethics at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine is quoted in the report as stating of New, “Her main goal has been to prevent ambiguous genitalia and all the things that come with it, including what she calls ‘behavioral masculinization.” New reportedly denies the accusations.
Several medical societies are now reportedly drafting guidelines regarding the use of dexamethasone for CAH set to be published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism in September.
The latest in Medical News
Tags: ambiguous genitalia, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, dexamethasone, journal of clinical endocrinology, mount sinai school of medicine, pediatric endocrinologist, prenatal treatment
Online Press Releases News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Long Island & NYC Heating Oil Consumers Now Enjoy Fun When Buying Fuel Oil
- Eden Hotel Collection Wins Small Hotel Group Of The Year - AA Hospitality Awards
- Reinforced Kia Forte Receives 5-Star Safety Rating from NHTSA
- Massage Therapy Improves Mental and Physical Health and Wellness
- NFM Lending opens new branch in Zionsville, Indiana
- Classic Car Show at Glenwood Springs Ford Raises $3,000 for YouthZone
- NFM Lending opens new branch in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Making Extra Money Using The Law Of Attraction
- Crowd-Sourced Nissan Titan Is Unleashed in the Alaskan Wilderness
- Daisy Berkowitz Makes a Triumphant Return to NYC