Doctor accused of trying to prevent homosexuality before birth
08/08/2010 // US // TiffNews10 // News Desk
U.S. – An American doctor has been accused of attempting to prevent homosexuality with the use of an experimental prenatal treatment. As reported by HealthDay News, pediatric endocrinologist and researcher Dr. Maria New of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Florida International University, is at the center of the accusations by medical ethicists who assert her endorsement of the use of dexamethasone for the prevention of the development of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) may be motivated by a hidden agenda. CAH may cause females to be born with indistinct genitalia.
Alice Dreger, professor of clinical medical humanities and bioethics at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine is quoted in the report as stating of New, “Her main goal has been to prevent ambiguous genitalia and all the things that come with it, including what she calls ‘behavioral masculinization.” New reportedly denies the accusations.
Several medical societies are now reportedly drafting guidelines regarding the use of dexamethasone for CAH set to be published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism in September.
The latest in Medical News
Tags: ambiguous genitalia, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, dexamethasone, journal of clinical endocrinology, mount sinai school of medicine, pediatric endocrinologist, prenatal treatment
Online Press Releases News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Knoxville SEO Services Offers Free SEO To Knoxville Business Owners
- Camfil USA Acquires Edco Establishing New Sales Branch for Air Filters in NY
- Southern Surgical Arts Offers Groundbreaking Solution for Tattoo Removal
- Refreshed 2016 Acura ILX to Bow at LA Auto Show
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class Rolls Out to Dealers with Youth Appeal
- 2015 Nissan Pathfinder Receives More Features Across More Trims
- Customized Duo of 2015 Ford F-150 Models to Debut at SEMA Show
- 2015 Honda CR-V Wins Motor Trend Sport/Utility of the Year
- Staying Safe on Houston Roads: Tips from a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer
- Slimger™: The World’s Slimmest iPhone and Android Charger