Doctor accused of trying to prevent homosexuality before birth
08/08/2010 // US // TiffNews10 // News Desk
U.S. – An American doctor has been accused of attempting to prevent homosexuality with the use of an experimental prenatal treatment. As reported by HealthDay News, pediatric endocrinologist and researcher Dr. Maria New of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Florida International University, is at the center of the accusations by medical ethicists who assert her endorsement of the use of dexamethasone for the prevention of the development of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) may be motivated by a hidden agenda. CAH may cause females to be born with indistinct genitalia.
Alice Dreger, professor of clinical medical humanities and bioethics at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine is quoted in the report as stating of New, “Her main goal has been to prevent ambiguous genitalia and all the things that come with it, including what she calls ‘behavioral masculinization.” New reportedly denies the accusations.
Several medical societies are now reportedly drafting guidelines regarding the use of dexamethasone for CAH set to be published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism in September.
The latest in Medical News
Tags: ambiguous genitalia, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, dexamethasone, journal of clinical endocrinology, mount sinai school of medicine, pediatric endocrinologist, prenatal treatment
Online Press Releases News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- YourAppleiPhone.com Best Way to Factory Unlock iPhone 5/4S/4/3Gs iOS 6.1.4/6.1.3
- Strategic Vision: Lexus LS Owners Are Pleased, Experience Few Problems
- Bunnyfoot helps Digital Shoreditch 2013 understand impact of emotion on design
- Location Forum Releases Groundbreaking Data Privacy Guidelines
- Ketone Balance Reviews: Green Coffee & Raspberry Ketone Extracts in one Bottle
- Optimizing Air Filter Use Through Science — Not Guesswork
- Corporate Data & Voice Solutions Receives ShoreTel Customer Satisfaction Award
- Where To Buy It Works Body Warps: 4 Body Wraps $59
- Gennovacap Technology Services Integrates New Web Design with Optimal UX
- Worldwide Vision: Community Involvement