Learn from Auto Accident Lawyers what the best post wreck moves are for smart drivers
West Palm Beach, FL – (WiredPRNews.com) Auto Accident Lawyers know that after a car wreck has occurred most drivers are unsure of what to do next. The national Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in the United States there are nearly 85 fatal car wrecks daily. The damages of these and less serious auto accidents add up to over $164.2 billion a year according to a AAA study.
Auto Accident Lawyers know that being trained in how to react after an accident could save drivers thousands of dollars and many headaches. Follow this basic post wreck protocol the next time you find yourself involved in an auto accident:
1. After impact with another vehicle survey your surroundings and check to see if anyone in either party is injured. If there is an injury like bleeding, broken bones, or unconsciousness that requires emergency medical attention, dial 911 immediately to request trained help.
2. No matter how minor the accident may be, call police to inform them of the wreck.
3. If you have a camera in the car or a cell phone with camera functionality take pictures of all vehicles involved in the accident before they are moved. Photos of the accident scene can help your insurance company, police investigator, and an auto accident lawyer should you choose to contact one.
4. Exchange personal contact and insurance information with the other drivers involved in the car wreck. Also, request contact information for any witnesses at the scene.
5. When speaking to the police, insurance company and others as the crash never admit fault to the accident. Contact an auto accident lawyer to consult you in your legal rights and obligations.
6. After the policy report is filed and your car removed from the accident scene call your insurance company or the insurance provider for the at fault party to open a claim.
Often after a car wreck victims are unable to secure a fair amount of compensation from the insurance company. Contacting an Auto Accident Lawyer who has experience in dealing with car wrecks in your city may be the right choice for crash victims who would like to pursue financial compensation to cover the cost of their car wreck and personal injuries.