Collegeville, Williamsport & Philadelphia, PA (WiredPRNews.com) The technology behind 3D ConeBeam Imaging has improved dental treatment for Philadelphia, PA dental implants expert Dr. David DiGiallorenzo’s patients.
3D ConeBeam Imaging shows more defined detail than conventional X-rays by offering more comprehensive visual information from every angle. The benefits of this ability include:
• Patients are exposed to less radiation than medical-grade CT scanners.
• It is quick and painless for patients, said DiGiallorenzo, a Philadelphia, PA periodontics specialist. Patients sit in a chair for a simple, 10-second scan. From that, full-color 3D views of teeth, facial bones and other details can be seen from a variety of angles and in more detail than conventional X-rays.
• Several kinds of 3D images can be created and viewed, which makes it easier for dentists to gain a complete understanding of each patient’s physiology prior to formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan, said the Philadelphia, PA periodontist.
• It creates precise images, eliminating magnification errors that exist in traditional X-ray technology.
• It enables better assessment of the jaws for placement of dental implants.
“I have been exceedingly pleased with this type of technology,” DiGiallorenzo says. “It has proved to be helpful in preparation for dental implant procedures and through its use, it has enabled us to have much greater success in placing implants.” The Philadelphia, PA periodontists in our practice have used 3D ConeBeam Imaging for years.
“It’s difficult to imagine not having this technology at our fingertips,” DiGiallorenzo says. “It has been a game-changer in the way we diagnose and create treatment plans for our patients. We are much more confident in our accuracy.”
To learn more about 3D ConeBeam Imaging, or if you wish to schedule a consultation with DiGiallorenzo, a Williamsport, PA periodontist, please call (610) 409-6064 in Collegeville; (570) 322-4741 in Williamsport; or visit his website: www.perioimplants.us.
About Dr. David Digiallorenzo
Dr. David Digiallorenzo graduated from Temple University School of Dentistry in 1993 and completed a specialty in periodontics and dental implantology from the University of Pennsylvania in 1995.
He is a past associate clinical professor at the University of Pennsylvania in the Department of Periodontics. He teaches nationally and internationally and is a regular contributor to dental literature.
© 2011 Sinai Marketing and Dr. David Digiallorenzo. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Sinai Marketing is credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this press release is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.