San Antonio, TX (WiredPRNews.com) The terrible pictures of the damage done by the recent tornados in the South should remind us why emergency tree services are so important. Many families and property owners are now dealing with downed trees and tree debris. This means that quite a few of them will end up having to hire somebody to get rid of the dead tree.
San Antonio tree service experts said, “Not surprisingly there are a few things about emergency tree services that every property owner should be aware of before hiring one. Having a little advance knowledge can save somebody hundreds or thousands of dollars and a lot of grief.”
Things You Should Know About Emergency Tree Services
• Emergency tree service including pruning and tree removal could be covered by your homeowner’s insurance policy. Check your policy carefully but there’s a good chance it could be covered. If you are not sure what your policy says ask your insurance company or your agent.
• Always try to hire an established tree service that works in your community. A legitimate tree service will advertise in the phone book like any other business. You will probably have to call them but most of them do provide emergency services and free estimates. Hiring such a service is important because many insurance companies will not reimburse for you done by work by a fly by night service.
• The tree service should agree to take all tree debris including branches, leaves, trunks and the stump. They should have the proper equipment for stump removal namely a stump grinder available.
• A legitimate tree service will provide a free estimate before any work is done. Never have any work done until you have seen an estimate. Some insurance companies may require three estimates before reimbursing you.
• The service should be able to help you with paperwork and insurance forms. Legitimate tree services will gladly assist you with this.
• Legitimate tree services do not solicit business door to door. You will have to call them. If anybody comes to your property and claims to represent a tree service working in your neighborhood after an emergency, don’t hire them. It is probably a scam, many professional con artists deliberately travel to disaster areas and claim to be tree professionals in order to get on your property.
• No legitimate tree service will ask you for any money up front. Anybody claiming to represent a tree service who asks for money before removing a tree from your property is probably a crook. Chances are the only thing that person will remove is your money.
• A legitimate tree service will always show you a surety bond or proof of insurance. If a service can’t provide this don’t hire them.
• A legitimate tree service will give you an estimate before doing any work.
For more information, contact Premiere Tree Services of San Antonio, 18866 Stone Oak Pkwy, Suite 103-108, San Antonio, TX 78258, call (210) 853-2737, visit http://sanantonio.premieretreeservices.com/ or email email@example.com.