Use Trader Joe’s Products for a Summer Side Dish Recipe
07/12/2011 // New York, NY, USA // AndreaLynn // Andrea Lynn
You have the hamburgers, the hot dogs and all the fixings to pile on them. But have you given a thought to the side dish recipes? With summer grilling fun, who wants to spend all day cooking when they could be out enjoying the festivities? Summer cooking calls for quick and easy sides for the grilled fare that make everyone light up. Released earlier this month, the I Love Trader Joe’s College Cookbook features several recipes that are sure to make this Independence Day the best yet. With great food like Bacon Cheeseburgers and Chilean Style Hot Dogs, the cookbook has everything you need to really get your celebration going. Each recipe in the cookbook is designed to be simple and quick, and they all feature Trader Joe’s low-cost, high-quality ingredients. The Antipasto Salad is quick to whip up and tasty, to boot.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
The word antipasto refers to the traditional first course of an Italian meal, which includes a platter of cured meats, artichokes, olives, and cheeses.
1/2 (8-ounce) package Citterio Fresco Sopressata Salami
1 (14-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
1 (8-ounce) jar Trader Joe’s Dolmas
1 (12-ounce) jar Trader Joe’s Giant White Beans
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cube the salami into bite-size pieces. Place in a medium bowl.
2. Cut the artichoke hearts and the dolmas in half. Add to the bowl with the salami. Add the entire jar of beans to the bowl, stirring to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Author Andrea Lynn is an NYC-based food writer and recipe developer who has tasted almost every product Trader Joe’s has on the market (favorites include the chocolate-covered edamame and the ready-to-eat pulled pork). The I Love Trader Joe’s College Cookbook: 150 Cheap and Easy Gourmet Recipes by Andrea Lynn is available on Amazon.com or at Borders, Barnes & Noble and Urban Outfitters. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: 4th of July recipes, Andrea Lynn, barbecue, barnes and noble, bbq side dish, bean salad, Borders, cheap cooking, college cooking, cookbook, Cooking, Culinary, Greek, July 4th recipes, microwave cooking, Recipes, side dish recipes, side dishes, side dishes recipes, summer, Trader Joe's, urban outfitters
Social Media Tags:Andrea Lynn, barnes and noble, Borders, cheap cooking, college cooking, cookbook, Cooking, Culinary, microwave cooking, Recipes, Trader Joe’s, urban outfitters, Greek, bean salad, barbecue, 4th of July recipes, July 4th recipes, side dishes, bbq side dish, side dishes recipes, side dish recipes, summer, cooking
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distrubution - SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Online Food & Beverage News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Ketone Balance Reviews: Green Coffee & Raspberry Ketone Extracts in one Bottle
- Phen375 Customer Reviews Released Online with Free 1 Month Supply to Burn Fat
- Droz-greencoffeebean.com Offer Massive 50% Off on Order of Green Coffee Bean Max
- Droz-raspberryketone.com Offer huge 50% OFF on Purchase of Raspberry Ketone Plus
- RDK Launches a website reviewing best diet pill that work
- After Selling Out of There #1 Weight Loss Formula In Only 7 Days
- The Magic Weight Loss Cure for Every Body Type - 20% OFF For a Limited Time!
- M8 UK integrates restaurant booking service Bookatable
- DrOzWeightlossPills.com Offers 50% Discounts For Mother’s Day on Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Green Tea Drink Kou Tea Now Offers Free 1 Month Supply