Parcel2Go says companies must take advantage of the tablet revolution
10/11/2011 // Trafford, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom // AndrewAdams // Parcel2Go
Parcel delivery specialist Parcel2Go has stressed the need for British companies to make sure their online presence is geared towards making the most of the growing popularity of tablet computers.
Analysts predict that sales of tablets such as the Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy will explode over the coming years. Research from Gartner suggests growth will be so sharp that by 2015, retailers will ship 60 tablet computers for every 100 PCs sold. Bolton-based Parcel2Go is urging British firms to take note of the way the retail sector is heading and get up to speed with the changes in their customers’ buying methods.
And as more shoppers make purchases online, so the need for companies to have access to a reliable and trustworthy parcel delivery partner has grown. Customers using eBay, Amazon and other retail websites have come to expect immediacy, and by delivering this through use of a low-cost but swift UK courier service, businesses can ensure their customers keep coming back for more.
Richard Mercer, marketing director at Parcel2Go said: “The way consumers shop is changing rapidly. Not only are more people shopping online, but they’re making purchases through mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
“Recent studies have shown conversion rates to be higher among people using tablets than PCs and laptops, so businesses can’t afford to ignore the need to cater for their specific requirements. Whether a firm creates its own iPad app or optimises its website for smaller screens will depend on the particular business. The thing no company can afford to do however, is stand still.”
Parcel2Go, which became one of the fastest-growing privately-owned technology companies in the UK last month, according to The Sunday Times Microsoft Tech Track 100 list, now helps individuals and businesses send around two million consignments every year.
- ENDS -
Parcel2Go Ltd has been offering its customers the opportunity to send a parcel to Birmingham, Mallorca, and everywhere in between, for the past 21 years. Based in Bolton, the company operates a cost effective collection and delivery service using couriers such as Parcelforce and DHL throughout the UK, Europe, and countries across the world.
For further information contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.parcel2go.com
Tags: Parcel Delivery, parcel to Birmingham, Parcel2Go, UK courier service
Social Media Tags:Parcel delivery, UK courier service, parcel to Birmingham, Parcel2Go
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distrubution - SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Online Business News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Bunnyfoot helps Digital Shoreditch 2013 understand impact of emotion on design
- Gennovacap Technology Services Integrates New Web Design with Optimal UX
- Worldwide Vision: Community Involvement
- When Recalls Lead to False Claims Act Cases: Asking the Right Questions
- Appointment Setting Service Launches Innovative Pay Per Sale Model
- The Practice of Internal Promotions Receives Praise from Survey Takers
- U.S. Government Files False Claims Act Case Against Lance Armstrong
- Clinical Trial Fraud: What Can be Learned From US Premature Baby Study Findings
- What Should You Do When You Know Your Company is Cheating the Government?
- Whistleblower Lawsuits Involving Improperly Used Treasury Funds Help Taxpayers