The United States Department of Labor administers and enforces more than 180 federal laws that cover workplace activities for approximately 10 million employers and 125 million workers.
A few of the most commonly applied laws administered by the Department of Labor include:
• Fair Labor Standards Act. This law prescribes standards for wages and overtime pay and applies to most private and public employers.
• Occupational Safety and Health Act. This law regulates safety and health conditions in most private industries.
• Federal Employees’ Compensation Act. This law establishes a workers’ compensation program to pay for the disability or death of a federal employee resulting from injuries sustained while at work.
• Employee Retirement Income Security Act. This law regulates employers who offer pension or welfare benefit plans to their employees.
• Family and Medical Leave Act. This law requires certain employers to give eligible employees unpaid, job-protected leave for the birth or adoption of a child or for the serious illness of the employee or the employee’s spouse, child, or parent.
To speak to a Dallas, Texas employment lawyer about a particular employment-related federal statute or about an employment-related legal problem, contact the employment law attorneys at Clouse Dunn LLP at [email protected].
Press Release Contact Information:
KEITH A. CLOUSE
Clouse Dunn LLP
214.220.3833 ( fax)