Popular Urban Web Series Gets Funded Through Kickstarter.
New York, New York (WiredPRNews.com) After completing 2 Seasons of their web series heralded as “One of the most polished shows on the web”, (Bob Slade KissFM, New York) the creators of the comedy 40 and Leroy Crazy in New York will enter its 3rd season thanks to a financial boost from the web-based fundraising phenomenon Kickstarter. Crazy in New York has been building audiences with weekly episodes on sites like YouTube and Funny-or-Die, but after joining the Kickstarter program, they have garnered the attention of one of the fastest growing video distribution companies on cable and Internet, Blip.TV.
Dubbed as “Friday’s meets web series”, and in the tradition of the great New York City comedic duos from Abbott and Costello to Seinfeld and Costanza, Crazy in New York, follows cousins 40oz, Leroy and a host of diverse characters. The show is a unique, honest, and sometimes brash look at politics, street buzz, urban myths and socioeconomic issues. Raw and unscripted the show is a grassroots POV on 21st century banter and culture.
The series was created by New York born, veteran actor/director Reed R. McCants (Civil Brand, Project X) and features, Lorenzo Eduardo as 40 (Eagle Eye, The Brandon T. Jackson Show) along side Horace Glasper as Leroy (BET’s Teens Of Comedy). In addition to attracting the attentions of Kickstarter and Blip, the show has signed on two high-profile executive producers, screenwriter, and author, Dr. Melissa Caudle (”The Reality of Reality TV,”) and award-winning film director/producer Neema Barnette. As an actor McCants and Barnette recently worked together on the feature film “Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the 7th Day” also starring Blair Underwood Sharon Leal and Pam Grier. The film will be released in theaters on April 13 2012.
To watch the web series and for more information, log onto their website at: www.40andleroy.comTags: blip TV, celebrity, comedy, Entertainment, kickstarter, new york, Reed McCants, web series, woman thou Art loosed: on the 7th day
Online Entertainment News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- LUSO-AMERICAN Surrealism of the 21st Century
- Actor Big Spence Rode In for Film Premiere of “The Last Wolf of EZO”
- Onward & Sideways Media Video On Demand Streaming
- Sherri Donovan Takes Mob Wife As Client On VH1 Hit Show
- Big Spence Film “Set Me Free” Slated for Oakland International Film Festival
- WWII Journal Survives German POW Camp to Become New Docu-Miniseries
- Big Reub Filmz Brings Love, Life and Tears to the screen with “Past Tense”
- Bitoomba Introduces Bubbles Factory and The Pirates 3D
- Breaking: Spaced Out Magazine rises in Georgia
- Unique Boutique Resort Ideal for Romantic Getaways & Events