Albuquerque Injury Lawyers Discuss Alcohol Use by Commercial Truck Drivers
06/06/2012 // Albuquerque , NM // Fadduol, Cluff & Hardy // Fadduol, Cluff & Hardy, P.C. // (press release)
Albuquerque Injury Lawyers News - Some of the most tragic, yet preventable, accidents are those caused by commercial truck drivers who ingested alcohol before driving. The federal government regulates many commercial truck drivers. The government’s rules prevent a truck driver from driving:
• While using alcohol;
• While having an alcohol concentration of 0.04 percent or greater as indicated by an alcohol breath test; and
• Within four hours after using alcohol.
The federal government also requires alcohol tests to be administered to commercial truck drivers at certain times, including:
• Post accident—These tests are conducted after accidents on drivers whose driving could have contributed to the accident and for all fatal accidents.
• Reasonable suspicion—These tests are conducted when a trained supervisor or company official observes behavior or appearance that is characteristic of alcohol misuse.
• Random—These tests are conducted on a random, unannounced basis just before, during, or after the driver’s performance of safety-sensitive functions.
• Return-to-duty and follow-up—These unannounced tests are conducted when a driver has violated the prohibited alcohol conduct standards and has returned to performing safety-sensitive duties. At least 6 tests must be conducted within the first 12 months after a driver returns to duty.
Despite these regulations, some commercial truck drivers drive while intoxicated. Drinking and driving is dangerous and reckless behavior for any driver, but it is reprehensible for the driver of such a large vehicle. If you have been affected by a truck crash, the accident attorneys at Albuquerque Injury Lawyers of Fadduol, Cluff & Hardy, P.C. may be able to help you.
Contact them at 505-243-3588
Tags: accident attorneys, alcohol breath test, alcohol concentration, commercial truck drivers
Address: 1020 Lomas Blvd., NW Albuquerque, NM 87102
Url: Fadduol, Cluff & Hardy
Online Law News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- What is Long-Term Disability Insurance, and Am I Eligible for It?
- What Are My Legal Options If a Car Crashes Into My Home?
- The War on Fraud and Abuse in Federal Government Programs
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association announces election of new president
- Post-Traumatic Headaches-More Common in Mild TBI
- Explosion Rocks Nyack College, 7 Injured
- What Are My Legal Options if My Car Accident Was Linked to Violence?
- Brachial Plexus Injuries: Motorcyclist Beware
- Early Management Of Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Can I Receive Disability Benefits If I Can Work Part Time?