08/08/2012 (press release: onlinemarketing) // Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States // Sharon Ragland-Keys
For most students, the 2012-2013 school year will start within a month, if it hasn’t already started. Ann Arbor College Nannies and Tutors has some tips to help students make homework and studying easier.
Organizational Tips for Success:
1. Establish a routine each session. Maintain a consistent time each afternoon for homework & studying. Focus on more difficult assignments first. After dinner, finish remaining work or review for test with a family member.
2. Work at your desk in your bedroom, regularly. Minimize distractions. Turn off music, television and phone. Once you sit down to work, focus on one assignment at a time. Parents, you can check to see if your students need your help, but be careful not to interrupt them!
3. Maintain a well-stocked and clean workspace. Have a water bottle, sharpened pencils, dictionary, thesaurus & your bookbag with you. Only use the computer when needed to avoid distracting temptations, such as IM, music and surfing.
4. Hang a bulletin board above your desk for visual reminders:
• Items to bring to school the next day
• Difficult to remember vocabulary words
• Tricky math or science formulas
5. Manage your papers and books. Use a planner. Write assignments in your planner on the day they are assigned and every day until due. When completing homework, leave your planner open and check off each assignment as you complete it. Use one folder per class as an “inbox/outbox.” Put new assignments in your inbox before you leave that class. At home, when you complete each assignment, put it in the outbox. At school, open the correct folder at the beginning of class and hand in assignments that are in your outbox. Keep a binder with all past assignments, quizzes and tests for review. Teachers take most test questions from homework & quizzes. Study these first and study them well.
Owner Sharon Ragland-Keys said about the new school year “I hope these tips help make the 2012-2013 school year the best one yet for your child. Best wishes for all the Ann Arbor Area Students!”
About College Nannies & Tutors
Founded in 2001, College Nannies & Tutors is the nation’s largest resource for customized nanny and tutoring services. Combined with strong and dedicated local ownership, College Nannies & Tutors franchise owners have the passion and the means to provide a nanny or tutor precisely targeted to each family’s unique needs. Whether that is the role model care that comes from a College Nanny placement or hourly childcare professional, or the one-on-one attention from a College Tutor, College Nannies & Tutors is committed to Building Stronger Families™ in communities in 26 states. We all want the best for our children. Count on College Nannies & Tutors to help provide it. For more information or office locations visit www.collegenannies.com
Social Media Tags:study skills, how to study, homework help, studying
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com