Queens SUV Crash, Rollover Kill 5
09/12/2012 // New York City, New York, USA // New York City Accident Lawyer // Jonathan C Reiter // (press release)
On Sunday, July 18, 2012, an SUV smashed into a concrete pillar, flipped over and burst into flames, resulting in the death of three women and two children, explains New York car accident lawyer Jonathan C Reiter. The accident occurred on Atlantic Avenue in Queens, at approximately 3:15 am, when the SUV struck a pillar supporting the AirTrain to John F. Kennedy International Airport.
The 2008 Mercedes Benz SUV was reportedly speeding as it ran two red lights, states Mr. Reiter. A motorist reported being nearly struck by the vehicle at an intersection just before the crash. Ryan Jardine, 24, told sources, “She ran the light, almost hit us and then hit the pole.”
The driver, along with another adult and a child inside the vehicle, survived the SUV crash and roll over. They were transported to the hospital after the incident.
The others, three adult women, an 8-year-old girl who was thrown 10 feet from the vehicle, and a 9-year-old boy were declared dead at the scene. Chief Stephen Browne of the NYFD regarded it as the worst single car accident he had seen throughout his 26-year career.
The victims who were not thrown from the vehicle or pinned beneath required extrication from the wreckage.
The group had reportedly been at a banquet hall, where an association of Nigerian immigrants gathered from around the country as part of the Arondizuogu Patriotic Union National Congress of North America, adds Mr. Reiter.
To bookmark this page, please save: Queens SUV Crash, Rollover Kill 5.
Tags: car accident lawyer, jonathan c reiter, new york car accident lawyer, new york injury lawyer, SUV crash
Address: 350 5th Avenue · Suite 2811, New York, NY 10118
Url: New York City Accident Lawyer
Online Law News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- How Do I Know if My Claim Falls Under Medical Malpractice or Wrongful Death?
- When Are My Social Security Benefits at Risk of Being Stopped?
- When Recalls Lead to False Claims Act Cases: Asking the Right Questions
- Did You Know? Car Accidents Are a Leading Cause of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Is Psoriasis a Condition for Which I Can Receive Social Security Benefits?
- U.S. Government Files False Claims Act Case Against Lance Armstrong
- Capitol Region Gun Buy-Back Program to be Held on Saturday
- If I’ve Been Hit by a Houston Drunk Driver, What Type of Case Do I Have?
- I Have a Burn Injury That Is Taking a Long Time to Heal: Can I Get Disability?
- Clinical Trial Fraud: What Can be Learned From US Premature Baby Study Findings