Diet Chef discusses food addiction and over-eating
09/14/2012 (press release: OnlinePR) // Diet Chef Three Sixty Communications
In the next 5 years a €6m project called NeuroFast has started to decide whether over-eating can be categorised as a potentially addictive behaviour comparable to alcohol and drugs.
It is thought that food addiction could be one of the reasons behind the growing obesity epidemic but at the moment food is not classified as an addictive substance instead such patterns of behaviour are categorised as ‘impulse control disorders’ rather than addictions but scientists believe that food addiction shares many similarities with other addictive actions such as gambling, drugs and alcohol.
It is estimated that 1 in 200 individuals (about 0.5% of the population) develop severe eating disorders associated with obesity and these are the most likely people to fit the criteria for ‘food addiction’.
Professor Julian Mercer of the University of Aberdeen said “How and why food could be addictive is being explored to ascertain whether this is one of the reasons why people eat too much and develop obesity”.
They hope it could help to clarify if food addiction is something that leads to conditions like obesity or binge eating. If categorised it could lead to changes in the treatment of obesity and helping people to lose weight.
Caron Leckie, nutritionist at Diet Chef, a home delivery weight loss company, says, “The evidence to come within the next 5 years will be interesting to look at, however ‘food addiction’ may only refer to a very small sub group of the population with disordered eating behaviours – this will not apply to the majority of people who over-eat and need help to lose weight.”
- ENDS -
Diet Chef carefully counts the calories of all meals so dieters on the plan will be averaging less than 1,200 calories per day. The daily menu allows you to get delicious diet food delivered, as well as offering a tasty and varied, healthy balanced plan encouraging dieters to lose weight at a healthy pace.
Those on the diet looking to check their own progress can do so using the weight loss calculator as well as sharing their weight loss success stories via the website or Diet Chef social media channels.
Visit the website: www.dietchef.co.uk
Become a fan: www.facebook.com/DietChef
Name: Diet Chef Three Sixty Communications
Telephone: 0207 580 8360
Tags: diet, Diet Chef, diet food delivered, NeuroFast
Social Media Tags:NeuroFast, diet food delivered, diet, Diet Chef
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution - SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Online Food & Beverage News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- Ketone Balance Reviews: Green Coffee & Raspberry Ketone Extracts in one Bottle
- Phen375 Customer Reviews Released Online with Free 1 Month Supply to Burn Fat
- Droz-greencoffeebean.com Offer Massive 50% Off on Order of Green Coffee Bean Max
- Droz-raspberryketone.com Offer huge 50% OFF on Purchase of Raspberry Ketone Plus
- RDK Launches a website reviewing best diet pill that work
- After Selling Out of There #1 Weight Loss Formula In Only 7 Days
- The Magic Weight Loss Cure for Every Body Type - 20% OFF For a Limited Time!
- M8 UK integrates restaurant booking service Bookatable
- DrOzWeightlossPills.com Offers 50% Discounts For Mother’s Day on Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Green Tea Drink Kou Tea Now Offers Free 1 Month Supply