10/23/2012 (press release: Onsharp) // Alexandria, Minn., United States // Sara Stadtherr
Interested in a fun activity that will kick off your holiday shopping? Just a Jaunt is hosting a tour day and holiday market on November 2 and 3. The tour day on November 2, is an opportunity to visit the Just a Jaunt locations-Carlos Creek Winery, Tastefully Simple, Crooked Willow, and Northland Woolens, as well as a stop at Lillians, an additional featured stop for the event. As a part of this special tour day promoted by the Minnesota Lakes Maritime Museum, participants will receive a swag bag and have the opportunity to be included in a $500 gift basket drawing to be held at the Holiday Market on November 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Maritime located at 205 3rd Ave West in Alexandria, Minn.
The Holiday Market event is perfect for women’s groups, families and anyone looking for that perfect holiday gift. The market will feature vendors varying from Powers of Love Crochet, Premier Designs Jewelry, Jamberry Nails, Mary Kay and Scentsy, just to name a few.
People attending the event will not only be able to shop, but they will also have the opportunity to learn more about the Just a Jaunt tour series. The tour series features some of Alexandria’s favorite places and products: Crooked Willow, Northland Woolens, Tastefully Simple, and Carlos Creek Winery. Each location features either guided, self-tour experiences, or special group opportunities and they truly are “just a jaunt” from one another. The November 2 tour day is the perfect day to begin your touring experience with Just A Jaunt, as well as a featured stop at Lillians.
• Crooked Willow is an antique showcase which features the concept of “Embracing Pieces of the Past into the Heart of Your Home”. Crooked Willow has four showrooms to explore including the Barn, Timber House, Summer Kitchen and Trapper’s Lodge. Those on the tour can also browse their large selection of gifts, antiques and vintage home accessories.
• Northland Woolens is the only hosiery mill in the state of Minnesota. From humble beginnings of hand spinning and knitting orders, the crew at Northland Woolens has graduated to 32 commercial sock knitting machines. Today, their products can be found all over the world. Browse through their large selection of socks, hats, scarves and mittens. They also have developed a “Twice Baked” or recycled textile line that features not only wool items, but also recycled cotton children’s clothing.
• Tastefully Simple is the original national home tasting company! Tastefully Simple offers 60 unique, easy-to-prepare foods to help people enjoy the food they love and the time they deserve. It began in 1995 in a small shed. Today, the headquarters occupies nearly 200,000 square feet on a 79 acre site overlooking the beautiful woods and wetlands.
• Carlos Creek Winery is a family owned winery located on 160 acres and produces over 20 award winning wines. The winery is open year-round and offers complimentary daily tours and live music every weekend. Carlos Creek Winery also has a variety of seasonal activities and annual events to take part in while visiting. Try one of their Minnesota Nice Wines like Hot Dish Red and You Betcha Blush while you tour.
• Lillians combines the perfect ingredients that women have been waiting for; a high-touch and fun shopping experience like no other. Walk into Lillian’s and hear bells ringing, women applauding and yelling “full punch card” or even “Man in the store!” What’s not to love about bells going off, one purchase at a time, as someone cashes in their Lillians punch card for free merchandise? Visitors find hot coffee and sweet treats while Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra serenade. Shoppers can even treat themselves to a Lillians Party! Complete with all the affordable retail indulgences in style. Always hip and affordable, Lillians features ridiculously affordable fashion, handbags, jewelry, sunglasses, scarves and other fun “must-have” accessories.
Learn more about the fun experiences that Alexandria and Just a Jaunt tours have to offer by participating in the tour day and the Holiday Market. Learn more at www.justajaunt.com or www.facebook.com/justajaunt.
Explore Alex -Alexandria is the place to go for a great getaway! Whether you’re more comfortable sunbathing at the lake, relaxing over a glass of wine, or browsing in a country boutique, you’ll feel at home in Alexandria. So make plans to visit us today. You’ll be warmed by hometown hospitality that’s been a tradition for more than a century. Alexandri-ahh. Relax. Refresh. Recharge. Repeat.
To find out more information about Alexandria and all it has to offer, visit: www.explorealex.com
Social Media Tags:tours, holiday shopping,
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com