Bioptigen Expands Headquarters Within Research Triangle Park, NC
11/05/2012 (press release: aempoorboy) // Durham, NC, USA // Ann Poorboy
Bioptigen Inc. is relocating its headquarters to a larger facility, in part to accommodate expanded production of its Envisu ophthalmic imaging system, which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration cleared for use in patients earlier this year.
Bioptigen’s relocation to Keystone Technology Park within the Research Triangle Park culminates a year in which the company has successfully gained regulatory clearance to commercially market Envisu in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.
“This year has been positively monumental for Bioptigen,” said Dr. Eric Buckland, president and CEO. “Now that we’ve been cleared to market Envisu practically worldwide, we’re seeing increased demand from clinicians and researchers who appreciate the convenience and flexibility our hand-held scanner provides for patients who can’t be imaged using traditional, tabletop devices.”
At Keystone, Bioptigen will double the size of its current facility footprint, allowing the company to expand commercial manufacturing, along with its research and development activities. The company also has doubled the size of its staff within the last two years, and Buckland says he anticipates hiring even more employees to meet operational demands.
Envisu is the only commercially available optical coherence technology (OCT) system in the United States that provides hand-held imaging. Its ergonomic, hand-held scanner enables imaging of patients of all ages – ranging from premature infants to adults – whether they are upright or supine, ambulatory or confined, conscious or sedated.
The National Institutes of Health recently awarded Bioptigen a grant to continue investigation of ophthalmic imaging solutions for premature and neonatal infants.
Deployed in the top 10 U.S. ophthalmic research institutions, Bioptigen devices are covered by 60-plus patent applications, including 30 awarded patents. More than 100 scientific articles have been published citing data acquired with Bioptigen technologies.
The company’s new physical address is 633 David Drive, Suite 480, Morrisville, NC 27560. Its main phone number, 919.314.5500, remains the same. To learn more, visit www.bioptigen.com.
Tags: Bioptigen, Envisu, OCT, Ophthalmic Imaging, Research Triangle Park NC, SD
Social Media Tags:SD , OCT, Bioptigen , Ophthalmic Imaging, Research Triangle Park NC, Envisu
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution - SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Online Press Releases News Press Release Distribution - WiredPRNews.com
- ATLWOOD Announces Celebrity Journalist, Rueben Wood, As Brand Ambassador!
- Bay City Rollers Auction Ends in a Tie Due to Technical Glitch
- Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Lauded as 2015 Green Truck of the Year
- J.D. Power: MINI Is Tops in Sales Satisfaction for Fifth Straight Year
- NFM Lending opens new branch in Jacksonville, Florida
- Dr. Man, M.D. Offers Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Services in Boca Raton
- Mastria Subaru to Support Blue Dog Shelter During Share the Love Event
- HR ProFile To Host FREE Webinar on Employment Background Checks & Verification
- Southern Surgical Arts Hosts Seminar on Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures
- Revolutionary UVLCD 3D Printer Technology Raises Over $400k on Kickstarter