04/10/2013 (press release: nvisionsolutions)
An applicant who has been convicted of a crime and has served prison term is eligible for a Canadian pardon. Pardon Applications of Canada, a noted application-processing company threw light on the eligibility timeline for applicants in the process of acquiring Pardons in Canada.
Christopher Heringer, Senior Compliance Officer, Pardon Applications of Canada said, “Applicants are eager to start their new life but have to follow the eligibility timeline. We help them initiate the process of a record suspension. Once the applicant qualifies the eligibility criteria, we complete the process of obtaining the documents and submitting it to the Parole Board of Canada.”
Eligibility Timeline for Pardons in Canada
• An applicant is eligible for a pardons Canada only after the conditions of the sentences such as fine payment, surcharges, restitutions and parole period are completed.
• The eligibility timeline for an applicant depends on the type of criminal offense and the conditions of the sentence.
• It is advisable to initiate the process of Canadian pardon so that when the applicant is eligible, the process of acquiring a record suspension from the Parole Board of Canada becomes smooth.
• In case of absolute discharge where the applicant has been convicted of a crime but not received any punishment, then the wait is one year.
• In case of conditional discharge where the applicant has been ordered to pay a fine or given probation or community service, then the wait time is three years.
• In case of summary offense such as assault, theft or driving under influence, the wait period is five years.
• In case of indictable offenses such as fraud over $5,000, assault using a weapon or trafficking, then the applicant must wait for 10 years.
• In sexual summary cases such as sexual assault or indecent act, the wait period for applying for a Canadian pardon is five years. However, if the applicant is indicted for sexual offences, then the wait period rises to 10 years.
• If conviction is for a sexual offence that involves a minor, then the applicant is not eligible for a pardons Canada.
Pardon Applications of Canada is a private application processing company that takes care of all the complex legal steps involved in applying for a Canadian pardon. With an experience of several years, Pardon Applications of Canada is the ultimate point for applicants who want to begin their second life.
For more on Pardon Applications of Canada, contact:
Pardon Applications of Canada
World Exchange Plaza
45 O’Conner Street, Suite 1150
Social Media Tags:pardons canada, pardon application, pardon
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com