09/20/2013 // submit Blog // Lyn Giguere // (press release)
#Hashtags are important today for marketing on almost all major social network outlets. Twitter first showed us how useful they are for letting people find topics that interest them on the medium. Though not new to web users, yet pretty new to Facebook, hashtags are growing in popularity for bringing people together online, resulting in better brand engagement. This is true even though not all members of the social network are able to use the feature.
With regards to hastags, Facebook notes, “Hashtags are a first step in surfacing relevant and important public conversations. Over time our goal is to build out additional functionality for marketers including trending hashtags and new insights so that you can better understand how hashtags fit into your overall Facebook advertising strategies and drive your business objectives.”
You just heard the good news. Facebook is already a marketer’s haven, and in the days to come, the landscape will evolve into being more marketing centric where both businesses and buyers will reap the fruits of better engagement through the medium.
The social networking giant further addresses the needs of marketers for learning about the use of hashtags when they use hashtags in their advertising and social network conversations.
Facebook tells us:
• “If you are already using hashtags in an advertising campaign through other channels, you can amplify these campaigns by including your hashtags in Facebook advertising. The same creative best practices on Facebook still apply – compelling copy and photography that is in the brand voice works best.
• Any hashtags that you use on other platforms that are connected to your Facebook Page will be automatically clickable and searchable on Facebook.
• Like other Facebook marketing tools, hashtags allow you to join and drive the conversations happening about your business. We recommend you search for and view real-time public conversations and test strategies to drive those conversations using hashtags.
• Hashtags do not impact your distribution or engagement in News Feed on either desktop or mobile. We recommend you continue to focus on your existing campaigns to drive your most important business objectives.”
As one social media examiner puts it. You can:
1. Expand your reach
2. Amply your brands
3. Cross social networks
4. Promote specials and events
Thus the purpose of using hashtags could be realized when you find your fans and the business prospects engaging with your brand more easily through Facebook and other social networking platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and etc. You will be creating a whole new wave of interested people peaking into and talking about your products and services.
To learn more about Submit Press Release 123 please click here.
Address: Dallas, TX