06/11/2010 // West Palm Beach, Florida, USA // Luxury Linens Store: Pioneer Linens // Pioneer Linens
Around this time of the year, new high school graduates are preparing for their debut trip to college. With their parents, they form a check list with all of the college bound dorm room essentials. This year make it a priority to include items on the check list that will allow the student to get a good night’s sleep. Studies have shown that with improved sleeping habits, students have a greater chance of improved attendance, attention span in the classroom as well as better grades.
So, for a top of the class student, INTRO TO BEDDING 101:
• The pillow is probably the most important piece on a bed providing superior support for the head and neck after those late night college parties! When it comes to top of the class, Scandia Home (http://www.pioneerlinens.com/scandia) knows pillows! Using only the finest European white goose down, they provide a wide range of pillows in a variety of sizes and densities. Also, all of their down products are 100% certified hypoallergenic.
• The comforter is another bedding ensemble essential. Just like pillows, comforters are offered in a variety of weights so it’s important to take into consideration the climate in which the college is located. Select a lighter weight for tropical climates or an all-season comforter for locations that experience the best of all seasons.
• A mattress pad and pillow protectors are always recommended in order to protect the mattress as well as the pillows. The Sleep Defender Mattress Encasement and Pillow Protectors by Cadence provide 100% contaminant protection from bedbugs and allergens. Perfect for a dorm room!
• A featherbed is an added luxury to a bedding ensemble that isn’t quite an essential for a dorm room, but will definitely help in providing a good night’s sleep for the student. Available in twin sizes, which are ideal for a dorm room mattress.
• Add a bit of style to a dorm room bedding ensemble with the student’s favorite sheeting in peaceful patterns and calming colors to help the student relax their mind at the end of a busy day. And be sure to find the twin fitted in sheets in the extra long size to fit those oddly shaped dorm room mattresses!
For more dorm room essentials and to find easy care bedding, please visit www.PioneerLinens.com.
Address: 210 Clematis Street West Palm Beach, Florida 33401