07/08/2010 // North Richland Hills, Texas, US // TiffNews10 // News Desk
Los Angeles – A North Richland Hills man’s life was saved after he called 911 for help when a plastic fork prong got stuck in his throat. As reported by CBS 11 News, Eric Love stated he was eating a salad while watching television, when he began choking on a piece of the fork that had broken off.
Love, a single father with three children is quoted in the report as stating of the incident, “I was about four bites into a grilled chicken salad and I realized something was stuck in my throat… I began to panic at first. I began to gag. I didn’t know what it was, but I wanted it out. And it was very painful.”
The bodyguard and former Tarrant County Sheriff’s Deputy who has reportedly stated will never again eat salad with a plastic fork, now keeps the eating utensil that almost took his life in a trophy case.
The latest in Dallas News