12/14/2012 // Dallas, Texas, US // 1800 Car Wreck Houston // 1800-Car-Wreck Houston // (press release)
Being involved in an auto accident can be a life-altering event, particularly if one is seriously injured or incurs significant damages thereafter. Many injured car accident victims require legal support in the aftermath of an accident with regards to obtaining fair compensation from those who may be liable for what they have endured. The first steps to obtaining the fairest amount of compensation possible; however, are often those taken immediately following this type of event. The following are five important key first steps for individuals who become involved in a Houston auto accident:
1) Contact police/emergency services – Taking steps to ensure one’s personal safety is always the most important step to take following any type of accident. In the event that one is able to, they should call the police or 911 emergency services to the scene. This will also initiate a police report for helping to determine the possible cause of an accident.
2) Take photos – One may sustain injuries too severe to take this action, but if possible, individuals involved in an accident should take pictures of the aftermath of the occurrence or enlist someone else to, so that evidence of the vehicles involved and damages can be preserved.
3) Talk with witnesses – If there are witnesses available that one is able to speak with, getting an account of their version of the events can be helpful for one’s potential accident injury claim.
4) Contact one’s insurance provider – An insurance provider can recommend additional steps that should be taken for the benefit of accident victims as well as provide supportive services that may be included in one’s policy.
5) Contact a personal injury attorney – A personal injury lawyer can be a lifeline in ensuring that one receives fair compensation for accidents caused by the actions of someone else.
The Houston car accident attorneys of 1800-Car-Wreck Houston are available to provide individuals with a free consultation to discuss their legal options following a serious car accident injury. Contact the firm today.
Address: 200 Westcott St., Houston, Texas 77007
Url: 1800 Car Wreck Houston