09/30/2013 // submit Blog // Submit Press Release 123 // (press release)
Have you done all sorts of stuff to increase your blog’s online visibility but always ends up with futile results? May be you’re not doing it the right way. Here are surefire ways to make your blog more popular through the help of search engine optimization.
The end of the first quarter of this year is less than 30 days away, yet you are still groping for ways to oomph your blog’s traffic figures. This, may be is the result of ineffective strategies that have already lost its value and relevance, thus it’s now the time to look for new and effective ways to solve your problem.
If developed and maintained properly, your blog can be considered as your best marketing weapon that can give your business an edge against tough competitors. To sharpen the blade of your weapon, you need to appropriately use the following SEO strategies on how to create and publish blog content that can easily be found (especially by your prospect customers).
Topic and Blog Post Creation
1. Create topics that are centered in a specific keyword.
The first thing you need to do in creating searchable contents for your blog is to start with a keyword (the ones your prospect customers are using to search for products or services). This will guarantee that you are creating a blog post that is of high relevance to the need of your target market.
For example, if you are selling an array of accounting software, you need to research what specific keyword search strings your prospects use. Let’s say, after some keyword research you found out that most of them use the search string “free accounting software”.
Using that search string, you can then brainstorm for ideas on what topics you will write. You can also get some topic ideas from your customers’ or readers’ inquiries. Q&A sites like Yahoo Answers, Quora, and the like are also good online resources to scour for topic ideas.
2. Develop a blog title with your target keyword in mind.
If you already have the best topic idea, you can now decide the actual title of your blog post. In creating the title, always keep in mind to include (as much as possible) your target keyword. This is of utmost importance because the titles of your blog posts are the very first thing search engines crawl and index every time a query is done.
Taking from the example above, you can incorporate “free accounting software” in your title without sounding like a spam. You can have a blog post that says – “Free Accounting Software: Ten Safety Precautions before Downloading One”. In your blog post you can then discuss the risk that comes in downloading free software and inform your readers how to download online stuff safely. For sure, your prospects would be interested to know about the safety guidelines and would eventually share your blog posts to their networks.
To make your blog post more searchable and visible, consider these basic yet important points.
• Always include your keywords in your title.
• Make your post more readable by publishing it in list or subtitle format.
• Don’t hesitate to use hyphens or colons in your title (as long as they are placed appropriately).
• Use bold fonts on important ideas or sentence/s that need more emphasis.
3. Insert your keyword in your post naturally.
Perhaps this separates high quality content from craps and spams. In SEO, keywords are of utmost important but content quality is always prioritized over that. If you can’t insert the keyword naturally in your blog post, then don’t insert it. If you are aiming to get the most of your blog, avoid any kinds of spam-like behaviours and focus on what your target audience really need. Fortunately, if there is a will, there is always a way. If you are good at what you’re doing, you can always incorporate your keywords in your content without being too obvious. Keep in mind the pointers below.
• You can only insert your keyword naturally if your topic idea is focused on that keyword, thus it is always important to get the right topic before writing your post.
• Make sure to insert your keyword in the first few parts of your article so that search engines can crawl it easily. Putting it on the very last portion of your post has lesser chance of being crawled.
• Don’t overstuff your copy with keywords as this may trigger spam alerts that can lead to de-indexing and removal of your content on most search engines result pages.
4. Make use of SEO plugins to recheck and reanalyse your blog post.
Before hitting the publish button, it is always recommended to have a second look if everything is perfect and if you haven’t missed any important details like proper tags, meta description, and the like. You can make use of SEO plugins like All in One SEO or WordPress SEO by Yoast (if your blog platform is WordPress), or any other online SEO tools with the same functionalities.
Increasing your Published Blog Post’s Visibility
After you’re blog post goes live, it doesn’t mean your optimization task is already done. You need to do the following to increase your blog’s popularity, not just in search engines but in all types of online platforms.
1. Syndicate your blog post on your social media pages.
If you are keeping a close watch on the latest SEO trends, you would definitely know how most search engines are treating links from social media pages nowadays. Thus, you should always put social media syndication as part of your blogging process. Sharing your latest blog posts on your social media pages doesn’t only give you SEO benefits, but it would also help increase your traffic and improves brand awareness of your business.
Note: Make sure to put social media share buttons on top or at the bottom or your posts or pages so that your readers can easily share them.
2. Start a guest blogging campaign.
One of the most effective strategies, yet seldom used, is guest blogging. Once your blog post is out there – live and ready for consumption, you need more mediums to promote it. And, what’s more effective than getting a chance to blog about it on popular blog sites? Just be sure that these blogs are related to your niche. Also, as much as possible, make sure that they give out DoFollow backlinks.
Making Use of Your Blog to Drive Traffic to Your Commercial Website
Once you acquired ample traffic on your blog, now’s the time to look for ways to direct these traffic to your product or service pages. When writing a post, keep those pages in mind and naturally include them as part of your discussion. Most of your readers would definitely visit them as they are relevant resources of your discussion.
On the other hand, in your guest blogging campaign, aside from linking back to your blog post, you can also link to your product or service page as long as they offer value and relevance to your content.
Using SEO to increase your blog’s online visibility is surely the basic strategy to promote your business online, thus it is important to always keep the following in mind.
• In developing a topic for your blog post, always keep in mind your target keyword and your target audience.
• Always incorporate your best keywords in your title.
• Make sure to use your keywords in the first few paragraphs of your article to ensure crawlability and indexing.
• Make use of SEO plugins or tools to double check the search engine – friendliness of your blog post.
• Always include social media syndication in your blogging process and make sure your blog posts come with social media share buttons.
• Tap the power of guest blogging.
• Make use of the power of your blog to direct traffic to your business website.
These guidelines, of course, are basic and easy to follow. But, if you still need more help on setting up your business blog, just reply to this email, or drop a message on our contact form to get immediate help from our seasoned SEOs and blog consultants.