02/21/2014 (press release: media1press)
HM King Mohammed VI and Malian president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita chaired, on Thursday at the Koulouba presidential palace in Bamako, the signing ceremony of seventeen bilateral cooperation agreements in different areas.
The signing of these agreements, which marks the strong commitment of the public and private sectors, mirrors the shared will by both leaders to forge ahead with the reinforcement of relations between Mali and Morocco.
It is also part of the royal integrated approach towards Africa which puts the human capital at the center of the development process and objectives, on the basis of an equitable sharing of the development’s benefits.
These agreements also show HM the King’s commitment to fostering an active, solidarity-based south-south cooperation, which the sovereign made a basic component of Morocco’s foreign policy to serve the interests of the brotherly African peoples.
They also seek to promote human development programs given their direct impact on the amelioration of Malians’ living conditions and give momentum to economic cooperation.
Below the list of the seventeen agreements signed between the two states:
1. The agreement on investment encouragement and reciprocal protection, signed by Moroccan Economy minister Mohamed Boussaid and Malian counterpart Bouaré Fily Sissoko.
2. The agreement on the avoidance of double taxation and the fight against tax evasion. It was signed by Moroccan Economy minister Mohamed Boussaid and Malian counterpart Bouaré Fily Sissoko.
3. The cooperation agreement on breeding which was signed by agriculture minister Aziz Akhannouch and rural development minister Bokary Treta.
4. The agreement on air services signed by equipment minister Aziz Rebbah and Malian peer Abdoulaye Koumaré.
5. The protocol on industrial cooperation signed by Industry, trade, investment and digital economy minister Moulay Hafid El Alami and minister of industry and mining Boubou Cissé.
6. The cooperation agreement between the Moroccan center for exports’ promotion (Maroc Export) and the Casablanca Fairs and Exhibitions Office (OFEC), and the Malian trade and industry chamber (CCIM). It was signed by Industry, trade, investment and digital economy minister Moulay Hafid El Alami and Trade minister Abdel Karim Konaté.
7. The twining and cooperation agreement between Ibn Sina university hospital center of Rabat and Hospital G university hospital center of Bamako. It was signed by Health minister El Houssine El Ouardi and minister of health and public hygiene Ousmane Koné.
8. The twining and cooperation agreement between Ibn Rochd university hospital center of Casablanca and Gabriel Touré university hospital center of Bamako. It was signed by Health minister El Houssine El Ouardi and minister of health and public hygiene Ousmane Koné.
9.The cooperation specific protocol in the mining, oil and gas fields which was signed by Minister of energy Abdelkader Amara and minister of industry and mining Boubou Cissé.
10. The partnership agreement between Morocco’s Groupe Banque Centrale Populaire (BCP) and Mali’s ministry of economy, finance and budget which was signed by CEO of BCP Mohamed Benchaaboun and minister of economy, finance and budget Bouaré Fily Sissoko.
11.The agreement on the change of indirect control of Sotelma (Maroc Telecom) which was signed by head of the board of directors of Maroc Telecom Abdeslam Ahizoune and minister of communication and new information technologies Jean Marie Sangaré.
12.The memorandum of understanding of cooperation on industrial areas between the MEDZ company and the Malian industry ministry. It was signed by head of MEDZ’s board of directors Omar El Yazghi and minister of industry and mining Boubou Cissé.
13.The agreement between the Malian government and the Addoha Group which was signed by Addoha Group’s CEO Anas Sefrioui and minister of industry and mining Boubou Cissé, and minister delegate for the promotion of investment and private initiative Moustapha Benbarka.
14. The protocol of cooperation agreement on vocational training which was signed by director general of the office of vocational training and labor promotion (OFPPT) Laarbi Benchekh and director general of the support fund for vocational training and apprenticeship (FAFPA) Mohamed Al Bachar Touré.
15. The cooperation agreement between the national office for electricity and drinking water (ONEE) and Malian company for drinking water management (SOMAGEP-SA). It was signed by director general of ONEE Ali Fassi Fihri and CEO of SOMAGEP-SA Boubacar Kané.
16. The cooperation agreement between the general confederation for enterprises in Morocco (CGEM-employers’ body) and Mali’s national council of employers (CNPM) which was signed by president of CGEM Meriem Bensalah Chaqroun and president of CNPM Mamadou Sidibé.
17. The agreement between Mali’s international bank and the national union -cooperative company for Malian cotton producers- (UN-SCPC). It was signed by CEO of Attijari Wafabank Mohamed Kettani and president of UN-SCPC Bakary Togola.
Social Media Tags:Morocco and Mali, HM King Mohammed VI, Malian president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com