05/27/2014 (press release: sheidrich) // Konstanz, Germany // Susan Heidrich
Today, Hyperstone introduces their new U8 – industrial USB Flash memory controller. U8 is targeting industrial applications such as removable USB Flash drives (UFD) and embedded USB Flash modules (eUSB). Together with Hyperstone’s proprietary hyReliability™ firmware, it provides enhanced endurance and data retention management, as well as rigorous fail-safe features, all of which are mandatory for industrial applications.
• Fully compliant to USB 2.0 Hi-Speed and Full-Speed modes and mass storage device class
• ECC engine correcting up to 96-Bit, ample hardware resources to support next flash generations
• Flash interface compliant with Toggle DDR and ONFI 2.3
• On-the-fly AES encryption hardware engine
• Additional SPI, I2C, and ISO7816 (smartcard IC) interfaces
• hyReliability™ Flash Memory Management and firmware architecture
• Static and Global Wear leveling to maximize write endurance
• Read Disturb Management and dynamic data refresh to maximize data retention and refresh data subject to read disturbance
“Our new U8 USB controller is designed to deliver the highest level of reliability and data retention. Tying the strongest BCH ECC to our proven hyReliability™ firmware architecture achieves highest levels of endurance and reliability with any Flash technology from small capacity SLC to the most recent 1x nm MLC in different operation modes,” said Axel Mehnert, VP Marketing of Hyperstone. “Our focus is on industrial, ruggedized and power consumption sensitive applications that also require long-term USB 2.0 support.”
“Based on the same architecture as our successful S8, we have decided to also provide a USB solution. Whilst the mature USB interface is supported from several suppliers focusing on consumer USB sticks, Hyperstone is offering a one hundred percent industrial solution. Our design offers additional hardware resources such as RAM, error correction, and encryption. Based on this platform, Hyperstone can offer enhanced reliability, endurance, and firmware features,” said Dr. Jan Peter Berns, Managing Director of Hyperstone. “Also, implementing USB 2.0 using an advanced manufacturing technology significantly reduces dynamic power consumption. And finally, the additional ISO 7816 interfaces as well as the on-the-fly AES encryption add the possibility to develop really secure USB Flash drive solutions.”
U8 will initially be available as Probed Die and in a QFN-76 package. Samples are available now.
More information is available at www.hyperstone.com.
Social Media Tags:USB Controller, industrial, reliability, data retention, eUSB, UFD,
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com